LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Wednesday 5 July 2017

Review: A Share in Death (Duncan Kincaid & Gemma James, #1) by Deborah Crombie (Goodreads Author)

A Share in Death (Duncan Kincaid & Gemma James, #1)A Share in Death by Deborah Crombie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Deborah Crombie's mystery series features Scotland Yard's Det. Superintendant Duncan Kincaid & his partner, Sergeant Gemma James.

A Share in Death is the 1st novel in the series, which currently contains 16 books. I do feel that the books are best read in order.

Kincaid is on long-earned vacation at a Yorkshire time-share but his holiday is anything but relaxing. Within a few hours of his arrival, bodies start piling up both staff and guests.

Helping the local police, Kincaid uses his experience and charm to discover who the killer is before more people are murdered.

At times, this felt like an Agatha Christie book......Kincaid a modern and good looking Poirot, using his "grey" cells to solving the mystery by cracking the clues he finds. The characters are so quintessentially British...I really liked that.

I enjoyed the connection and interaction between Kincaid and James and I can't wait to finding out more about these two's history.

The feel of "place"...here in the Yorkshire moors, was vividly written that I almost felt I was part of the story.

I am really looking forward to the next book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment