LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Wednesday 5 July 2017

Review: All Shall Be Well (Duncan Kincaid & Gemma James, #2) by Deborah Crombie (Goodreads Author)

All Shall Be Well (Duncan Kincaid & Gemma James, #2)All Shall Be Well by Deborah Crombie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I discovered this series by chance and I am so happy to have found yet another British mystery/thriller/police procedural series - yes, I have spent the last month or two totally immersed in this genre.

All Shall be Well, the 2nd book in Deborah Crombie's Duncan Kincaid & Gemma James Series is even better than the 1st, All Shall Be Well.

Something about Scotland Yard Supt. Duncan Kincaid's friend and neighbour's apparent suicide makes him feel uneasy and when a post-mortem reveals an overdose of morphine, he and his sergeant, Gemma James begin an investigation into the possibility that someone may have a motive to murder Jasmine Dent.

There are a lot of suspects - Jasmine's weak and useless brother, Theo, her downstairs neighbour, Major Keith, who served in the army in India where she had lived. The home nurse, Felicity Howarth, her friend Meg and her horrible boyfriend, Roger Leveson-Gower - all seem to have some ulterior motive for Jasmine's untimely death.

Following clues and the entries in Jasmine's journal, Kincaid and Gemma uncover a reason for the murder that they never expected.

The more I get to know the two main characters, the more I like them. I am beginning to get a feel for the characters - who they are and what makes them "tick."

I just have this "feel" that I am going to love this series the more I get into it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment