LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Friday 17 March 2017

Review: Throne of Truth (Truth and Lies Duet, #2) by Pepper Winters (Goodreads Author)

Throne of Truth (Truth and Lies Duet, #2)Throne of Truth by Pepper Winters
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

1,5 stars


Okay...I'm going to be a bit....not more than a bit...unpopular here!!!! Now, before you all LOVERS of Pepper Winters follow up to the amazing Crown of Lies (which I more than loved....see my review here ... https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3... ).....try to "diss" me or even think of doing worse than that...like ...
 photo merida_brave2_zps9vtmuclv.gif
.......let me quickly explain why I was beyond DISAPPOINTED in Throne of Truth!!!

PS....There may be a few minor spoilers...but nothing major!!

Now, I loved Noelle "Elle" Charleston and Penn Everett in the first b0ok. There was something charming about these two together and when we were left with the cliff-hanger.....I just wanted to "dive" in!!!!

No, No, No!!!! Talk about rolling my eyes.........
 photo 2dvk39k_zpsw5ym1zp3.gif
Not only did I have to put up with one third of the story about the stupid and implausible Elle's kidnapping.....which after a chapter or two.....I found myself .........
 photo images_zpsuf6r2kjy.jpg
YES, THERE WAS A LOT OF EYE ROLLING AROUND WHILST I WAS TURNING THE PAGES...........

Oh, yes, where was I....okay, so the kidnapping is over..........thank heavens!!! On with something exciting next...but NO!!!! I had to put up with even more UNBELIEVABLE stuff re: US LAWS ............now, I am not totally in the know about the laws in America...but even so....I know for a fact that what happens to Penn after Elle is rescued, could not possible happen!!!! MORE EYE ROLLING!!!! All the drama whilst Penn is jailed for not a day, not two days...but more like weeks...or months!!! Can't remember....but .......
 photo 46277ce55491846926b5080af8441850_zpszkuczg1d.gif
And what happened to feisty and interesting Elle???? She morphed into someone that's totally unrecognisable from the 1st book.........and Penn.........let me not even go there!!!

Let me conclude this rant........I lost interest in the characters and what happens to them....before the end...I couldn't give a toss!!!!

PS......The reason for 1/2 star..........I actually like the author's writing style!!!

I certainly wasn't expecting the way the story went!!! But hey, I'm in the minority here...so if you want to give this book a try...no, if you've read book 1, then you should probably give this a try..me....no, Throne of Truth ain't gonna be a reread or a keeper for me!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment