LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Friday 17 March 2017

Review: Brighter than the Sun (KGI, #11) by Maya Banks (Goodreads Author)

Brighter than the Sun (KGI, #11)Brighter than the Sun by Maya Banks
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I can't believe I finished this book!!!!

Brighter than the Sun is the 11th book in Maya Banks' KGI Series..........why I even bothered reading this one after the last two books being so MEH MEH MEH.....I have no idea!!

I liked the first couple of books in the series but I am just so ready to give up on continuing!!!
Let me note down some of the things that really really drove me to drink!!!!!!

* This is supposed to be Joe Kelly's story...but what we get here!!! We get pages and pages and more pages of the whole Kelly Clan.......the men, their wives, their kids, how much they love each other......
 photo 1fe7e833d6713039d969597d8a9718f8_zpskr5sunoj.gif
By Chapter 4.....I'm so like..........
 photo Tired-Bored-Boring-So-Tired-Sleepy-GIF_zps11pgxukf.gif
But, I continued!!!!

* Everyone in the Kelly world is wonderful...nice....kind....loving.....beautiful..........
 photo 8d9aac703f63e9e1e128260e2ddbb0d4_because-who-doesnt-put-movie-bridesmaids-you-are-so-beautiful-gif_500-200_zpsihtpggjb.gif
By Chapter 7.....I'm now beyond....
 photo pqokgdz_zpshdftcyqr.gif
So, do I continue with this weird story???? Yes....I know, I'm a sucker for punishment!!

* INSTA-LOVE............JOE, the wannabe bachelor forever sees Zoe aka Stella for the first time....and ZAP............It's love love love.......he thinks she's wonderful...beautiful......
 photo izmuH3q_zps5z51eh53.gif
He takes her fishing and what happens....yes, he thinks she's more than just beautiful....
 photo giphy-6_zpsashwyztq.gif
Yes, after two or three days....Joe is beyond smitten!!! He's found his soul mate!!! So what if he knows nothing about her life !!! Yes, folks, it's that inner feeling he has about perfection.......

And now we have ZOE aka STELLA running away from her very evil and criminal father and her boyfriend...who she discovers wants to do very nefarious deeds with her...and I don't mean lovemaking!!!! So, she runs away with the help of her best friend, Rusty Kelly and meets the Kelly clan and falls in love...not only with Joe but with all of THEM!!!

But, wait, there's a catch!!!

She doesn't think she's good enough for either Joe or his family!!!! Ooooh...so many tears......it was a total TEARFEST!!!
 photo bJJe72y_zpsl9tkyrfe.gif

* And then there's the most absurd plot ever!!! Let's just say that we get nothing about the bad guys...who they are...how they find Zoe, despite the disguise...yes, the baddies find her but the Kelly guys and all their "tools" never ever guess that she's in hiding!!! And if you think that's the most absurd thing...it's not!!! When the Kelly men come to Zoe's rescue...we never get to find out what they do or did to the bad guys!!! The baddies just POOF off the pages!!!

I can't continue with my "rant" anymore!!!! Just let me show you how I felt when I turned the last page...........
 photo Im-so-bored-GIFS_zpsgjlp1tlq.gif
So, if you're a fan of this series.....and you want to read this latest addition....and you're not bothered by having a total...........
 photo raw_zpsg4cdtr5b.gif
..........then go ahead!!! At your own risk!!! ME......I AM DEFINETLY GIVING UP ON THE KGI WORLD FOREVER!!!

What, not going to read Rusty Kelly and Sean, the local sheriff's story!!!! I DON'T THINK I AM GOING TO PUT MYSELF THROUGH ANOTHER PURGATORY MOMENT!!!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment