LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Friday 17 March 2017

Review: Black Hearts (Sins Duet, #1) by Karina Halle (Goodreads Author)

Black Hearts (Sins Duet, #1)Black Hearts by Karina Halle
My rating: 1 of 5 stars


After reading the last book by this author, Dirty Promises, which was the only one I have totally disliked by Karina Halle, I had extremely high hopes for Black Hearts, which is part of a duet and a spinoff of the other 3 Trilogies.

Well, to be honest - I more than disliked this book!!!!

I'm going to keep this short......why did I hate it!!

The main characters:

Vincent Bernal:
Javier Bernal's son. What a horrible creature. So, his life has been pretty so not amazing.....living as the son of a drug cartel boss has certainly not been easy! But seriously...is that reason enough for his cruelty, deviousness and disregard for human life! Did he not learn anything good from his mother and father??? Well, certainly not!! He kills the two men who his father sent to keep an eye on him in San Francisco, without batting an eyelid!! The lack of respect and the violence he displays towards Violet, the heroine's mother, is absolutely unacceptable. He has no compunction of lying, cheating and deceiving people.

Violet McQueen:
Ellie and Camden's daughter. Okay, she has reason to be angry at her parents for lying about their past but is it right for her to behave the way she does in retaliation. Forget the love they have shown her all her life...suddenly, she meets this guy and he becomes more important than her family??? She allows him to turn her against the very people who love her!!!

The Plot:
I found the story a bit too unbelievable!!!!
I also could not believe that Violet, who is supposedly innocent and sheltered, suddenly allows a man she meets a day or two before, to blindfold, tie her and photograph her nude!!!! Really!!!!
And please...............Javier is still holding a grudge against Ellie for choosing Camden over him.........20 years ago!!!! Get a life!!! I really hated Javier in this story!! And his wife, Luiza......where is the gutsy woman I first met in Dirty Angels!!!


Okay, so I will probably read the next book, Dirty Souls, because I want to know where the author takes the story to............but honestly, I am just hoping that I am going to be pleasantly surprised by the story!!!

PS.........I know I am in the minority here about this book!!! So, let me just add.........it's me!!! I didn't get it...but don't let me stop you from making up your own mind to read it or not!!

But let me say.........do it at your own PERIL!!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment