LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Friday 17 March 2017

Review: The Butterfly Project by Emma Scott (Goodreads Author)

The Butterfly ProjectThe Butterfly Project by Emma Scott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

'The Butterfly Project' by Emma Scott really took me by surprise. I have read other books by this author, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3... and https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... which I loved........so I wanted to read this one.......despite so many conflicting reviews about this book .

I am so glad I did!! It was more than just good...it was.....
 photo 904e90fac1019799ebda0427863f0933_zpsu20b8u93.gif
An unique, powerful and emotional story of love, friendship, redemption, heartache, family, forgiveness, salvation, pain, kindness and humanity.
“Every day it feels less like something I shouldn’t be allowed to have, and more like something precious I can’t throw away.”
A beautifully written, inspirational, captivating, gut-wrenching, heart-warming and moving story about two broken people who find love and the power to heal each other.
 photo tumblr_static_b0e_zpsvjlqqsjk.gif
“…there’s so much that’s shitty in this world, when you find something that shines against all the dirt and darkness, you gravitate toward it.”
The two main characters, Zelda and Beckett are beautifully written. Both flawed and with tragic pasts and both trying to do something good and better with their lives.

The secondary characters were so well integrated into the story - each playing a special part in the lives of Zelda and Beckett. Quirky, endearing and unforgettable.

Loved the New York City setting and the fact that we are given a glimpse to the not so glamorous side of a city that can either make or break you.

I love the author's writing style and her beautiful prose and voice.
“Lessening the misery of the past will lead to a brighter future.”
This is a book that will stay with me for a long time - not only for all of the above but the message it left for me...........that even when things are dark and feel hopeless in your life, there is always a light somewhere and all you need to do is believe that it is possible.
 photo 10194206_zpsvahrjm1v.gif


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment