LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Monday 27 February 2017

Review: Switched by N.R. Walker

SwitchedSwitched by N.R. Walker
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

1,5 stars

Honestly..............I didn't enjoy Switched by N R Walker..........I know...be gentle here...
 photo JD3NLo8_zpsdlzmmqse.gif
because I am in the minority.........but let me give a quick rundown on why I felt MEH about this story - I am not going too deep into the plot because it has been discussed on all the previous reviews.....so just a few pointers here!!!

-Sam, Iz's best friend who becomes his lover............drove me absolutely bonkers....I was doing a lot of this whilst turning the pages... photo 7d446357d818b0ae36e3e1677943d39e_zpscvxctwvs.gifI can't remember how many times (I gave up after a while...) Sam asked Iz..........
ARE YOU OKAY?????
and again...
 photo are-you-ok_zpsiqexlid2.gif
and again..................
 photo raw_zps4jlzj0qy.gif
...now you see why I was in a state of madness!!

-Iz.......(OMG, I hated that name!!!! Seriously!!! Call me fickle, I don't care - Israel was bad but not as naff as Iz.)..okay, Iz......hell, the guy was a whiner deluxe..........
 photo qx5Q5_s-200x150_zpsrdqpnxl3.gif
Tears...more Tears.........Okay, I get it!! The people he thought were his real parents were so not nice to him.....I understand his pain and shock at discovering the switch........but he was more of a wet rag..I wanted him to show some gumption...........instead
 photo 200_s_zpsjzvnjard.gif
OOh Sam.....I am so not okay....and of course, Sam babies him and babies him!!!!

-I didn't feel the connection between Sam and Iz...maybe friendship but more...no couldn't feel that kind of love.

-I did like the author's writing style...but further than that...can't think what!!

This was my first book by this author and it wasn't a terrible story....it's just me......and although I am not recommending it, look at the other reviews and decide for yourself. You might actually like it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment