LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Tuesday 28 February 2017

Review: Love, Chloe by Alessandra Torre (Goodreads Author)

Love, ChloeLove, Chloe by Alessandra Torre
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

wasn't sure what to expect from this book but I liked the synopsis and also the good reviews I read by some of my GR friends....and of course, not forgetting that I love this author....

Love, Chloe is totally different from the other two books that I loved, Hollywood Dirt and Sex, Love, Repeat.

This was such a fun read. It had some great characters, fabulous setting...I mean...NYC...my all time favourite place to visit....and we get a peep into the world and lives of the rich and famous...what more could I ask for!!!

So, this is the story of Chloe Madison, a totally engaging character that kind of grew on me.......
 photo c2595ba8-d7ae-4650-9118-954825181f86_zpsbmr2mwqi.jpg
In a nutshell - Chloe is having a terrible time in her life.......her parents are crooks, their assets and money frozen....leaving poor Chloe homeless and moneyless
"…the easy wealth I’d enjoyed my whole, pampered life ended faster than a Taylor Swift relationship. Our accounts were frozen, cars taken, assets seized. Including my NYC apartment."
..but wait, not all is lost...she still gets to keep her designer clothes and her JImmy Choo's!!!

No money to pay for her college tuition, to rent an apartment...she's left to take a job as a administrative assistant/dog walker and sleeping in her friend's couch.

What I admired about Chloe was her resilience....she didn't wallow in self-pity or feeling sorry for herself....she dusts herself down and moves on with getting her life...well, her new life together.
"…Maybe the cultured, confident woman I was before was just a product of my parents’ money. Maybe now, with my new life a train wreck, I would discover the real Chloe Madison. And maybe, I wouldn’t like her. "
It's a story about friendship....
"…And I really expected, in the dark parts of my soul, for them to leave me over this. For our friendship to wither away into nothing, our common ground lost. Instead, they rallied—feeding me, housing me, and distracting me in times of struggle.

They had been better friends than I deserved, our friendship turning a corner, becoming deeper through all this. I hoped, one day, I would be able to return the favour. At the very least, to become a better friend.
.. I loved the way the author used copies of instagram on top of some of the chapters...
 photo photo-21-03-16-5-13-27-pm_zpssjzynotd.jpg
Romance........hell, Chloe has some problems in this area....her ex...who just happens to be a zillionaire is determined to get her back...she gave him the kick when she found him canoodling some women...but old Vic is persistent!!! He goes out on all stops...delivers a Maserati to her new apartment (more about that later!), gives her a $20,000 Birkin bag, Tiffany diamond earrings......and you would think...she's going to go right back to him...after all, she can have her life of luxury back..right!!!

Wrong............she wants nothing to do with him..well, she kind of gives in once or twice...but then, she finds Carter, her apartment super...a beyond hot and sexy male...filling her head with some hot thoughts!!! Seriously, men........
 photo 200_zpswvl3fwct.gif
It takes a while for Chloe to make a decision....of course, the right one!!!

There are some brilliant secondary characters that are well-blended into the story......like Chloe's bff's Cammie and Benta (how are these names!!!)Joey, the movie star, Nicole, her boss........and the most brilliant of them all..............
 photo b4b170b3-97c7-45ba-adb1-9c3cd723a8bc_zpshe2lth8p.png
Chanel is Nicole's "baby" and Chloe's main function is to be her nanny. The scenes with this pooch as hysterical........from the first moment we're introduced...Chanel has her own bedroom and her own bed  photo 15877169_239052243201430_4692528847810199552_n_zpsg8thmy3b.jpg and Chloe's first job is to wait for her to wake up from her nap and then make sure precious Chanel is kept happy at all times...... photo c5af3d86926fb5c72c2ce7de10040dfa_zpsza9nbq9s.jpg
Chloe has a wardrobe to die for....she's a catwalk model in demand for fashion shows.... photo 440b614b0121194ae661079cec142473_zpsl1htlihx.jpgMy best scene with Chanel has to be her birthday party.............I was shrieking with laughter, tears in my eyes...........
 photo e2dd179bde5c4ff47e0ba7bf3b01f5d4_zpsu8oljxps.jpg
It's worth reading this book just for that scene!!!

Great dialogue...and I loved Chloe's inner monologues!!! Brilliant!!

Humorous, entertaining, witty, funny, sweet, sexy and actually quite refreshing.

Hey, did I mention that I think this story would make a fab movie!!!!

If you want to...you can see my reviews on my favourite books of AT............
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment