LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Sunday 12 February 2017

Review: A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1) by Kendra Elliot (Goodreads Author)

A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)A Merciful Death by Kendra Elliot
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is my first book by this author. This is the1st book in the Mercy Kilpatrick Series and the first that I have read by this author, Kendra Elliot.

The plot dragged on a bit too much for me.....I felt bogged down with all this information about the "preppers".........hell, these are pretty weird characters........and the build up was so slow...slow. There was so much angst and secrets re: the small town people and Mercy's family.

Whilst I found Mercy Kilpatrick a difficult character to engage with, I did find the local police chief, Truman Daly a much more sympathetic character. He took his job seriously and cared about his townspeople. The romance between these two is almost nonexistent and there's a bit of a romantic interlude near the end of the book...but nothing amazing.

We are introduced to a lot of characters in this book, which is obviously to set up for future books.....I liked Eddie, Mercy's FBI partner, Rose, Mercy's sister and Kaylie, Mercy's niece.

Overall this was not a bad book and I am going to read the next book in this series and see how it progresses for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment