LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Saturday 4 March 2017

Review: Crown of Lies (Truth and Lies Duet, #1) by Pepper Winters (Goodreads Author)

Crown of Lies (Truth and Lies Duet, #1)Crown of Lies by Pepper Winters
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Some minor spoilers ahead....

I have seen a few books by this author, Pepper Winters reviewed by some of my GR friends and after reading such glowing ones about this book, Crown of Lies which is the 1st in her Truth And Lies Duet, I so wanted to read it..............and I am beyond "stoked"...... happy ........elated that I did!!! IT WAS A WILD RIDE.................
 photo tumblr_inline_n6rhx5n0g31szcktj_zpsazmiwpeg.gif
WOW..........just WOW!!!
 photo tumblr_ly8xvwgHWS1r3toge_zpsymgt4bym.gif
Was I blown away? More than!!
"How can one wrap the truth in lies or is it that this big lie is wrapped in the truth? "
 photo f23aaec8b7bcf8e0c863d863354bc5f0_zps1bwcn5yu.jpg
By now you should have read all the synopsis and cover blurbs out there..so let me just get to the point/s on why this book made such an impression on me.

→The CoverAbsolutely stunning! It was one of the things that drew me in. Beautifully photographed, moody with a sense of mystery.

→The Story LineA great cover blurb/synopsis, which delivers on all levels. Original. Dark. Twisted. Sensual. Gripping. Suspenseful. Mysterious. Sweet. Erotic. Tender. Unpredictable............ You just never see what's coming next....The more pages you turn, the more questions you are left with!!!

→The Main CharactersComplex. Well-developed. Tortured. Flawed. Angst-ridden.
Elle (Noelle) Charlston photo ecef7aa6e2421a49bfadf287bb3f5985_zpscytlkufe.jpg I liked her character. Wise and innocent.....protected and protective. How one night changed her life forever.............. photo 36704445-256-k343062_zpsutlbozx6.jpg
Penn Everett
 photo 15850523._SY540__zpsb0y3bhcg.jpgOkay, so I kind of guessed who he actually was!!!! Hell, this guy has a lot of issues!! I loved how the author managed to write a character like him - angst-ridden, secretive, uber controlling, devious.....and despite wanting to hate him...I somehow didn't. There was some kind of inner goodness, for a better word, in him that kept shining out of him.
 photo fd44606a36b353b88bce133c07e7ed0b_zps9wtnkh1e.jpg
Penn's whole attitude and behaviour should have sent Elle running.......okay, so she did try!!!!
 photo --------_zpsg5u87fte.jpg
Just that there was that "combustible chemistry between the two.................totally irresistible...........
 photo 66a372711a924c15289cea45c857bf09_zpscscrgkdf.jpg
→The Secondary CharactersAmazing. There are a lot of them that are slowly developed but they never seem to take over each other..........and........... How cool are the characters names!!!!! Penn Everett!!! Arnie Twigg!!! Stewie & Gio Steele!! Fleur!!! And OMG....my favourite character in this book...........SAGE (Elle's cat)......Elle taking a walk through her store with Sage..........Visualize something like this
 photo download201_zpsxe6sx342.jpg

→The WritingBeautiful prose. Great flow of words.
"He stole my heart with his lies. He'll destroy it with his truth."
 photo 1_527174630279b712f4fc2b18ea38a7fd_310_zpsn5m5aijx.jpg
→The Setting NYC........
 photo 20672c73-c6ca-4a2c-88a1-3ef1b690c77b_zpskhhd9zmg.png
→Favorite Quote“Thieves can become saints. Saints can become thieves. Most of us deserve a second chance.”

→Would I recommend this book?Yes, definitely.

→Would I read it again?Oh most certainly.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment