LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Sunday 4 December 2016

Review: Cold Cold Heart by Tami Hoag (Goodreads Author)

Cold Cold HeartCold Cold Heart by Tami Hoag
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Cold Cold Heart by Tami Hoag had a great start. Then after the prologue, it was downhill all the way......right until the last page.

The story opens with Dana Nolan, the protagonist killing the serial killer than had kidnapped and tortured her. Enter detectives Liska and Kovac, who are trying to close the investigation of the serial killer known as Doc Holliday. Now, before you think that this is another book in the author's Kovac & LIska Series...it isn't. They only make a quick appearance in the beginning and that's it. The plot in this book revolves around Dana's rehabilitation from her torture and her going back to her hometown, where she begins looking into the disappearance seven years ago, of her best friend Casey.

And that's when it starts becoming a rather "painful" read............

We now get all this overload of information....repeat and repeat....of Dana before and after her terrible ordeal........and not forgetting all the PTSD that the one character suffers after being injured in Afghanistan. He's also the local bad boy and suspected of doing something to Casey. And then there's the local sheriff...geez, think I forgot his name..........another uninspiring character.

I couldn't find or feel any suspense.....any tension.....romance...nah, there's none of that here.

I could not engage with any of the characters.....even Dana.

But what I found even more irritating............there were all these little subplots that just never went anywhere.....so why they were included in the story I have no idea...but then I am not the writer here.....so maybe she had a reason for it. I would have like to have seen some closure on some of those..

I found that I skimmed a lot of the pages that were repeated again and again.

Not the best by this author....I did like the book title though!!!
“From the dawn of time to the end of time, the world would never run short of cold, cold hearts.”


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment