LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Sunday 30 October 2016

Review A Place in the Sun by R.S. Grey (Goodreads Author)

A Place in the SunA Place in the Sun by R.S. Grey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A good story should transport us to a world beyond ours, where we travel through the lives of the unforgettable characters. A book that leaves you with many experiences.......

A Place in the Sun by R S Grey was one of those books.
I found myself in a "pleasurable trance-like" state from the 1st to the last page!!
 photo tumblr_mf1fzi641j1rq3mb8o1_500_zpscdlfcoem.gif
There were many things I loved about this book........but the top 3 had to be - Georgie, Gianluca and Italy!
"I found myself in Italy the way I find myself in most places: by chance."
 photo cinque-terre3_zps6pnqtd5n.jpg photo c6fc30bd157059bb3ebc029c1aff2ca5_zpsqkrsrar6.jpg
Georgie Archibald
 photo Jessica-Lowndes-Family-Profile-Movies-Personal-Life-Affairs-Boyfriend_zpsttj3lbva.jpg
I adored this character!! She's the kind of person I want to be around with. She's like a breath of fresh air. She's open and full of life. Thoughtful, kind, feisty, fun and like me......follows her heart!!! She's impossible not to fall in love with.

Gianluca
 photo santiago-cabrera-450802l-poza_zpsubzrx3hi.jpg
Dark, brooding and beautiful. Mourning the death of his wife, he's become a loner and a man of a few words. I loved watching him being captivated by the bright and shiny star that was Georgie Archibald!!!

The settings:The settings really brought the story to life - the sensory input - I could smell the sea, taste the croissant and wine, watch the beautiful sunset................
 photo cd0d61242b51581140270e27b9cd2076_zpspj3qtwn8.jpg
The seaside towns of the Cinque Terre area is one of the my favourite parts of Italy.
 photo cinque-terre-map1_zpsg1654pv3.jpg
Vernazza............Monterosso, Riomaggiore, Manarola........  photo a40a7ac50abea14389d67500c266af35_zpsqp4g8cq0.jpg and piazzas. Pulled right into the lives of the locals. Eating gelato, hiking through the little towns, eating fresh strawberries on the beach..............

The secondary characters were just as fun, charming, and enjoyable and Georgie and Gianluca.

Great writing, the story flows beautifully and keeps you captivated long after you've turned the last page. Fab dialogue............humorous, witty an absolute delightful.

What a beautiful and perfect epilogue. It left me with tingles in my heart!!

This is the sweetest and lovable and romantic love story.

Sorry...gotta go....I'm off to Italy........hopefully I will meet up with Georgie & Gianluca and their friends.............
 photo 74a5db691a27c5ef712abddf9092c74d_zpssvi2imhk.jpg


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment