LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Saturday 29 October 2016

Review: Fire Bound (Sea Haven, #5) by Christine Feehan (Goodreads Author)

Fire Bound (Sea Haven, #5)Fire Bound by Christine Feehan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Fire Bound (Sea Haven: Sisters of the Heart Series #5) by Christine Feehan, is spin-off of her Drake Sisters Series.

This series is about six sisters related not by blood but of the heart, who find peace and healing from their violent pasts in the small seaside town of Sea Haven. Each sister possesses a different power of the elements.

Fire Bound focuses on Lissa Piner,
 photo b7612a2d-153b-4a3b-bc42-be0b70409835_zpsax3uddd6.jpg
a talented artist, who travels back to her home town in Italy, to find who had killed her parents when she was just a child.

I did like that Lissa was a strong, dangerous and independent character. She was kick-ass, able to take care of herself. She was like a secret agent/spy!!!!

Casmir Prakenskii, one of the 5 Prakenskii brothers, is a mysterious and elusive assassin,
 photo Emmett-Scanlan-in-Death-Becomes-Him-for-Gay-Times-1-247x300_zpsmlpl87nw.jpg
asked by his brother, Graviil to protect Lissa during her trip. Okay, so this guy is domineering and beyond uber alpha........but at least he wasn't an asshole when he interacted with Lissa. He left his dangerous side to killing the bad guys!!!

And believe me...there's a lot of bad guys and a lot of killings and a lot of violence too!!

Whilst the previous 4 books are set in Sea Haven, this one is set mainly in Italy, which I loved.....
 photo Sorrento20Italy20You20climb20down20the20wall20of20stairs20to20take20a20boat20to20Capri.20Beautiful._zpsqrqo6gya.jpg

One of the reasons that drove me nuts in this book.....the sex scenes...hell, some of them are spread over pages and pages and more pages...........in fact, a lot of them could have been left out as there was no need for them to form part of the plot...........after I bit, the scenes became so repetitive that I skimmed over most of them.

Look, I love Christine Feehan and I can't help myself.......even when I read one of her books that I have hated...I still continue waiting and reading for each new book that comes out.

I wasn't jumping up and down with glee when I was reading this book. Yes, it was a bit better than the last one...Earth Bound, which I did not like that much.
My favourites in this series are Water Bound #1 and Air Bound #3.

Fire Bound was, I guess I could say....OKAY!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment