LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Wednesday 2 March 2016

Review: The Rings that Bind (Mills & Boon Modern) by Michelle Smart (Goodreads Author)

The Rings that Bind (Mills & Boon Modern)The Rings that Bind by Michelle Smart
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

PS………..SOME SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Russian hero who rose up from the Siberian wastelands to billionaire status in London. He hires a new PA…English heroine brought up in foster care.
He doesn’t do commitments or love. She’s trying to get rid of a pesky ex-boyfriend.
Hero and Heroine agree to a marriage of convenience as a solution to their men/women problems. Conditions – open marriage – no sex between each other…and okay with discreet affairs.

Eleven months later……..heroine wants a divorce!!! She wants more from a marriage. Hero does not!! She tells him…the husband in her open marriage that she slept with her ex-boyfriend......
 photo tumblr_n85p50ZEn01tabudjo1_500_zpsbbwiucit.gif
Yes, she did. Yes I know it’s an open marriage……….Okay, I am not crazy about open marriages…..why marry someone when you’re going to sleep with someone else??? Doesn’t make sense to me.….but hey, that’s just me!!!
Anyway, the reason the heroine slept with said ex-boyfriend??? Her husband didn’t come home on her birthday….she felt lonely and unloved……sob sob sob…………
 photo raw_zpssofihgjy.gif
What an irritating and unlikeable heroine!!

The hero realizes that he wants heroine…..he doesn’t want a divorce. He’s going to make her fall in love with her, despite her “betrayal”!!!! Is this guy an idiot or something???? He was quite a likeable guy but when it came to the heroine…totally sappy wappy!!!!!

Let me stop my ranting here………….and end this off by saying…
I have read other books by this author, which I actually liked but The Ring that Binds, her debut novel just did not do it for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment