LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Thursday 3 March 2016

Review: Midnight Lily by Mia Sheridan (Goodreads Author)

Midnight LilyMidnight Lily by Mia Sheridan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Midnight Lily is the 1st book I’ve read by Mia Sheridan.

Wow!!!What an introduction to this author’s work.

A heart touching, evocative, enthralling and emotionally charged love story of two damaged souls who find something incredible together and who will not allow anything to keep them apart.
I was lost, my hands bloody and abraded, out of breath, nauseated, and so damn …sad.
“You’ve lost your way,” came her voice.
“Yes,” I whispered. “yes, I know.”
“Come,” she said. “I’ll help you find your way again.”
Beautifully written – author’s voice is so riveting – she takes you on an incredibly emotional journey that leaves you breathless until the very end.
”It’s just so strange to think about someone standing here once upon a time carving these hands, thinking whatever he was thinking, maybe worrying about something, maybe annoyed about someone.” She smiled softly as she watched her own finger moving around the caring of the hands.
The epilogue blew me away!!!! I had to go back and think about what I had read before to try and work out what was going on in those last pages!!!

This was certainly an unusual and unique story. And I will probably read it again in the future.

I loved this quote:
”Oh, Lily. Happily ever after doesn’t mean a lifetime of perfection. I think think anyone believes that happily ever after means there are no unhappy days, even unhappy years.
It means loving forever, despite all the many reasons it’s easier not to.”


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment