LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Thursday 27 November 2014

Review: The King (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #12) by J.R. Ward

The King (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #12)The King by J.R. Ward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3,5 stars
Do I like The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series???? No, I MORE THAN LIKE IT………………
 photo Black_Dagger_Brotherhood_by_AidanG_zps4b42bafe.jpg

I have a secret to tell..….I was absolutely shattered after Lover at Last….. photo wnoy5_zps6vkuydj5.gif
…yes I did. I lost my all-time favorite boyfriend… photo 58149773fb8f3eee55d2c5550a8a61df_zps0d57f9b6.jpg
…yes, Qhuinn left me for someone else!!!!!
Anyway, I have moved on…..and what better way than…..yay….more about Wrath & Beth….i adore the King & Queen of all Vampires….
 photo BannerBooksBlackDaggerBrotherhoo-26_zps68eb84cd.jpg

So, I get THE KING the day it comes out…I am so excited, over the moon…..
 photo 351af7d0-a0c4-4e29-8e49-2d00896c1134_zpsf5de6702.png

And by page 116….I give up…impossible!!!! How can this be??? This is my all time favorite series….I cannot continue…………..and for months I have avoided opening up page 117…….talk about confused!!!!

No, I have to go back …..I can’t give up…not now!!!!

Okay, page 117, 118….next page and well, it was kind of surprising but I actually finished THE KING!!!!

Did I love it???? Oooh, so sad…but wait, I did like it…just not my favorite …a real pity!!! Now, what was it exactly that it did not “snap and crackle” for me????

Was this not Wrath & Beth’s book??? That’s what I thought..instead there is not much happening here with these two………because we have all these other characters and couples that, IMHO just got in the way…..like..

Assail & Marisol…I get it…their story has to be set up for their future book..but did I have to get so much about them…allright, I like Marisol (hell, I hate the shortened version of Sola…her full name is gorgeous…), she’s a kickass exotic…a Brazilian thief….heroine with the most lovable grandmother….but then she’s in lust for Assail, who I HAVE NOT engaged with…never mind that he’s sexy, gorgeous and is nice to her grandmother and his family…he’s still a mobster and drug dealer…….it’s going to take a lot for him to redeem himself to me!!!

Then Trez, the Shadow and his HUGE LUST for the lovely and virginal Chosen, named Selena!!! Let me just say that he and his brother IAm have not done it for me in the previous books. Still uncertain about Trez…all that “pussy-footing” around Selena just got on my nerves so many times. However, I actually began to like I’AM…..in fact I found it totally endearing….how could I not if Boo (remember Beth’s cat!!) loves him!!!! Now, having been given the news that the next novel will be on the Shadow Brothers….not sure if I am that excited about it!!!!

Where are all the BDB brothers and their shellans??? A snip here and there…Xhex and JM….a few pages…a page or two with Tohrment…no Autumn…then a teaser with Zsadist and Bella……and nothing, okay a page or two with Qhuinn!!!!! Heartbroken!!!! Me, it was!!!!

And no action whatsoever….no Lessers, just the boring glymera characters!!!! Where are the fighting brothers????? I wanted more of my BDB heroes...
 photo tumblr_static_tumblr_static__1280_zps7622a3bf.jpg

I was so pro-Layla before but this whole “work-up” romance with Xcor was a total disaster for me!!!!! I felt no connection between their one or two secret hook-ups….no, relax, the two haven’t done the deed yet!!!!! I still want her to be with someone else….I AM NOT A XCOR fan!!!!!

What redeemed this book from being..uhm….not a total loss was LW….LITTLE WRATH!!!!
 photo 7c11824fe77b40af152eaaff37dcaad6_zps5d30987c.jpg
I am beyond in love with this BDB Prince!!!! I want more of him in the future!!!! See, that’s why I am going to get the next book…..because of LW!!!!

“A soooooooooooooooooooooon! I'm having a sooooooooooooooooooooooooon!”


One of my favourite parts in this book was when Lassiter “played” the pastor at Wrath & Beth’s “human” marriage ceremony………
“Okay, so, Beth, follow me. 'I, Beth, a totally awesome chick ...'"

Beth barked out a giggle. "I, Beth ..."

"Where's the 'awesome chick' part? What? Come on, I have a license from the Internet. I know what I'm doing."

Wrath nodded at his leehan. "He's right. You are, in fact, awesome. I think we need to hear it."

"Can I get an amen!" Lassiter shouted.

"Ammmmmmmmmen!" echoed throughout the mansion.

"Fine, fine, fine," she said. "I, Beth, a totally awesome chick ..."

"'... take this meathead, Wrath ...'"

"... take this meathead, Wrath ..."

"'... as my husband to have and to hold from this day forward...”

Lassiter….I so want his book….he’s so fabulous!!!!
“By the power vested in me thanks to Google, I know pronounce you husband and wife! You may kiss the bride!”


To end my long “tirade”, let’s just say…..not the best in the series but certainly not going to end my affair with BDB!!!!!!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment