LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Thursday 20 November 2014

Review: Close to Home by Lisa Jackson

Close to HomeClose to Home by Lisa Jackson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was a bit disappointed with Lisa Jackson’s latest book, Close to Home. I have read so many books by this author and have really liked most of them, but this one never grabbed me!!!!

Ghosts that haunt an decrepit mansion somewhere in the Northwest Pacific overlooking Columbia River that holds family secrets, unexplained disappearances, murders , kidnappings, serial killer on the loose......and a lot of all those unexplainable things!!!!
Sounds totally great.......yes, it does!!! But somehow, I found something missing in this story!!!! It didn’t pull me in!!!!

I felt a bit disconnected by the two mc’s...
Sarah Stewart McAdams, who has returned to her ancestral home with her two daughters in order to renovate the mansion – I am not sure if I liked her or not…..often found myself totally irritated by some of her actions…… and
Clint Walsh, who lives next door and has a past history with Sarah….I so wanted him to be more in the picture with Sarah and her daughters.

However, I adored Sarah’s daughters….Jade was so typical today’s teenager!!!! Loved her attitude and some of her lines were to die for!!!! And Gracie, the younger sister….she was so adorable with all her ghost hunting trips!!!!

The two of them made the book for me!!!!!

What did not make it for me....when the villain is revealed!!! What!!!! exactly.....my reaction!!!! It felt a bit flat for me.

Lisa Jackson is another author I like in the romantic suspense genre and although I liked this book, it wasn’t one of my favorite of hers.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment