LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Saturday 22 March 2014

Review: Fury (The New Species Series #1) by Laurann Dohner

Fury (New Species, #1)Fury by Laurann Dohner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have just finished reading the entire Breeds Series by Lora Leigh, which I loved and was on the lookout for a similar series. After reading so many glowing series on the New Species Series by Laurann Dohner, I decided to give it a try.

Fury is the first book in the series and gives us an introduction into the world of human/animal experimentation done by the government.

What struck me from the beginning was how so alike it was to the Breeds Series.

Corrupt scientists are creating/testing a new species by splicing human/animal DNA to what is suppose to be helping cure illness in humans but instead are creating fighting machines. When the President is made aware of the truth about the torture and abuse these new beings have gone through and the true nature of the program, he immediately frees them and gives them their own land where they can be free and live peacefully together. These creations who want to be treated as humans live with their nightmares of what was done to them in the labs. Despite the testing ban, there are still scientists out there who refuse to stop their experimentation. The infiltrate their compound constantly and there seems to be no end to these poor beings left alone. Sounds close to the Breeds storyline, doesn’t it????

Anyway, Fury is part human/part dog…huh!!!! He went through a terrible time in the labs – tortured, raped and abused. Ellie is a nurse and is working undercover at the pharmaceutical company labs where

Fury is being held prisoner and experimented on.
Due to her efforts, the species are freed but Fury believes that she had betrayed him in the lab.

When he discovers her working in the Species compound, his mission is to kill her.

I did enjoy the chemistry between the two and some hot scenes, though at times I felt some of the sex scenes were not really necessary. At first, I was unsure about Ellie…did I like her or not!! She did a few things that irritated me but in the end, loved how she fought for Fury and for their love.

A lot happens in this book. We learn about the experiments, meet characters that will be part of the series. I particularly liked Justice & Breeze and I will probably continue this series because of the characters.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment