LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Monday 20 January 2014

Review: Deadline by Sandra Brown

DeadlineDeadline by Sandra Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have been reading books by this author since the 80's and though Deadline is not one of my top favourites, it still did not disappoint me.

A ell-written, good paced, multi-layered plot with amazing twists that deal with domestic terrorism in America, the effects of war and the evil and darkness that lurks underneath the most innocent and placid people and places that one can never imagine.


Dawson Scott an investigative reporter, who experienced some horrors whilst covering the war in Afghanistan, has returned home and trying to deal with PTSD, when he's asked by his godfather, a retired FBI agent, to cover the trial in Savannah, of a man accused of killing Jeremy Wesson, the son of a terrorist that has been haunting him for the last three decades. Agent Headly wants the case solved before his retirement so he can move on with his life.
Dawson meets Amelia, Jeremy Wesson's ex wife and soon both are on a journey that's filled with murder, betrayal, secrets, and lies that soon have them running out of time in avoiding being killed by people, like Carl Wingert, Jeremy Wesson's father, a total sociopath, who will stop at nothing to avoid the truth coming out.

I liked Dawson and Amelia, who felt very real to me, with all their flaws and insecurities and how each brought some good into each other's lives.

The subject of PTSD was very well-handled and felt very real to me.

And the twist near the end.........WOW....I never saw that coming!!!! What a revelation that just stunned me...in fact left me breathless!!!!

Anyone who enjoys a suspense and mystery filled story with a bit of romance (would have loved a bit more between Dawson and Amelia....), then this is a book for you.

Oh, lastly.......I so wanted a HEA for Dawson & Amelia at the end....but it kind of ends with....did they get it or not?????? Guess that's another Sandra Brown Twist!!!!!!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment