LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Thursday 6 February 2014

Review: After the Storm by Maya Banks

After the Storm (KGI, #8)After the Storm by Maya Banks
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have read all of the KGI series and liked most of them and I was really looking forward to Donovan’s story……just so you know, I hate the Van side of his name…………after all, the Kelly brothers and their families are a favorite of mine.
But, wow…what a disappointment – and I don’t just mean the Van thing!!!!
Donovan’s “behavior” in After the Storm just did not do it for me! I mean, he meets this young woman, Eve, who is on the run from her wicked and evil stepfather who has been abusing her half-brother and sister…and WHAM…………he’s in love and not only with Eve but her family too. He just knows that this is the family he has been waiting for all his life!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so we know, he has a soft spot for kids, but this was ridiculous. Within a day or two….Donovan has his “family” living in his newly built home in the Kelly compound!!

I just found the story totally unbelievable – especially the whole thing about the evil stepfather’s power!!! I was like……………and then…the lack of any romance build-up…it’s like…wham, thank you maam…kind of thing!!!!

So, why the 3 stars????? Because I actually loved the two kids…Travis & Cammie and the Kelly women.
I am looking forward to Rusty’s book and I hope it’s going to be a great one.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment