LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Sunday 29 December 2013

Review: The Dimitrakos Proposition by Lynne Graham

The Dimitrakos PropositionThe Dimitrakos Proposition by Lynne Graham
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

No, this story just did not do it for me!!!!!!
Lynne Graham is one of my favorite M&B authors but I have experienced a hit and miss with her last few books and The Dimitrakos Proposal is one of those “miss” ones!!!

I like alpha males and spunky heroines….but the two mc’s were beyond reality!!!

The hero – Acheron Dimitrakos
So, this guy is gorgeous…
 photo tumblr_lyjpjgOF6q1rnexsfo1_500_zps401ff4e6.jpg
but let me just say that his first name “blew” me away…! I constantly had this image of
 photo images2_zps524db18a.jpg
Acheron Parthenopaeus (who happens to be a sexy god) in Sherrilyn Kenyon’s The Dark Hunter Series, in my head!!!! Okay, I could have dealt with that one, but Acheron D is nothing like Acheron P!!! In fact I did not care very much for him.
Yes, he had a terrible and painful past but that did not give him the right to behave like he did towards Tabby (jeezz…I hated this name…but more about that later!!!).

I found it hard to believe that a man like him would feel a “pull in his groin” when he first meets the heroine, who happens to be dressed in old and scruffy clothes – what, he feels hard for someone he thinks is rude, plain and just off the streets!!!!!!!!!! Too hard for me to “swallow” that!! A Wait a minute Alex….this is fiction…every thing is possible….because underneath that plainness, is this gorgeous woman with luscious and decadent pink lips………
 photo 77ce364210f088e00a9bfa898cfd91ff_zps3f63841b.jpg
See what great clothes and make-up and living the life of the rich can do for a girl!!!!!!

And that same old and used over and over again…………..drives me insane !!!!
“you’re very responsive.” Acheron purred
By the time he shows any warmth or emotion towards the end of the story – with little Amber and T…..I was ready to pull his hair out!!!! Okay, he’s a bit better towards the end…………………..

The heroine – Tabby Barnes
Tabby….is that for real……..!!! I had visions of a ginger tabby cat in my head everytime I read her name!!!!
 photo images5_zps2edccda6.jpg
That has to be the most unfortunate name ever!!!!!!

Now, there is sassy and there is idiotic and totally painful…and sassy Tabby sure isn’t!!

So, A and T have done it….of course, she’s a 25year old virgin……..and A rushes to the bathroom after the deed and when he comes back into the bedroom…..
“A-star for the sex, F for failure to follow-up,” Tabby pronounced with scorn
Enough for a “downer” don’t you think??

She agrees to marry the millionaire so she can adopt her best friend’s baby (baby’s mother having died after giving birth), because she loves little Amber and will do anything for her…even marrying a despicable millionaire!!! But I didn’t feel that love she had for Amber…..gives in to nannies, etc etc etc!!! The only good thing I felt was that she got old Ash to “bond” with the baby!!! Hurrah for Tabby!!!!! Allright….she’s not that awful…at times I almost liked her!!!!!!!

The side mystery in the story was another part I thought a bit thin!!!! The wicked stepsister plot was a bit OTT………and the resolution to her “stalking”…..left me saying………NO, REALLY!!!! Too easy way out!!!!

The character I absolutely adored was little Emma……..

So, will these two get their HEA…..will Ash become a soft, loving, family man who loves his beautiful little doll (yes, that’s how she’s described somewhere along the way!!), who will bear him loads of beautiful boys and girls who will look like their daddy and mommy!!! If you a lover of this author’s books, read it to find out the END!!!!!


This was an okay read for me (I have to own up….I did skip a few pages here and there……but I did finish the book…..I had to know the ending!!!!) and it wasn’t exactly an awful book…just not awesome, like I expect from LG.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment