LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Thursday 21 November 2013

Review: Taming the Beast by Lora Leigh

Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1)Tempting the Beast by Lora Leigh
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Having read some of the books in Lora Leigh’s Breeds Series, which I enjoyed, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... , https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... , https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7... , https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7... ,I wanted to start from the beginning…so in reading order, the 1st being Tempting the Beast, tells the story of Lyon Callan, is a genetic experiment using part human and feline DNA, who, after rescuing others like him in the evil and secretive Genetics Council lab has been taking care of them as their Pride Leader.
Merinus Tyler, a reporter, from a powerful family and only daughter with several uber alpha-male brothers.
Before Callan’s mother was brutally murdered, having begged him to allow her to go public about the experiments, he had been strongly against, so she had sent all the information to her friend, Merinus father.

Although not exactly mad about this story, it was somewhat an okay read. I just could not engage with the characters, even the mc’s. There was so much conflict and antagonism between them and only near the end, did they resolve their so called “issues.”
Merinus drove me absolutely “batty” with all her “I want you”, “I hate you” photo rihanna-birthday-february-20-2013-hate-that-i-love-you-runfromyourshame_zps10eaff9b.gif…geez girl, make up your mind!!

Not that Lyon was any better, apart from his “animal” instincts saying the “Mine” thing….Taming the Beast by Lora Leigh photo download2_zps2b580d3c.jpg
I didn’t feel any passion between these two. I so wanted to know what made them “tick”, but I never got that.

Okay, so I knew this was a sexy and erotic series and I do like great and well-written sex scenes…….but Wow…….plot…forget that….sex…yes there was that….and lots and lots and lots of it……possibly more sex pages than anything else. Why did

I not find those scenes interesting….some might say there are some pretty hot ones….but…and that …vagina and c@** words just irritated me to...wherever!!! So much so that after a few of those “hot” scenes, I skimmed and skipped most of the remainder in the story.

The character development lacked something for me…..I felt totally disconnected from any of them….I never “felt” for them.
The plot…there were so many things that were left hanging….how did Callan and his group be hiding so well and still live in a town?? How did they get there?

Hopefully, I will get those answers in the next books.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment