LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Thursday 31 October 2013

Review: The De Santis Marriage by Michelle Reid

I can’t decide if I liked this story. I didn’t exactly hate it, but I didn’t love it either. I think the mc’s were the cause of the problem….especially in the first half of the story!!! Elizabeth (it’s beyond my comprehension that anyone would prefer to be called Lizzy instead…….such a horrid nickname IMO!!) is in Italy , as her best friend’s bridesmaid, who is getting married to the uber rich, uber gorgeous, uber sexy Luc De Santis. This heroine has not had a great life so far – her father ignores her, she wears cast-outs from Bianca, her best friend and thinks that she’s a pretty uninteresting woman……..but really she’s not!!! We all know that underneath all that drabness is a raving beauty, otherwise why would the hero WANT her!!!! But wait…I’m getting ahead of the story here. So, a few days before the wedding of the century between Bianca and Luc...what happens???? Bianca disappears with the heroine’s brother, leaving poor Elizabeth the honor of informing the hero that he no longer has a bride available to carry on his dynasty. What a catastrophe!!! Now, the hero is furious…no, he’s gone ballistic ….his reputation is on the line. What will the world think….him being ditched at the last minute!!!! He has to act quickly and fast……….and what could be better than blackmailing the poor heroine to take her best friend’s place as THE BRIDE!!!! She’ll do. After all they almost kissed on the balcony at the pre-wedding party!!!! In fact, it doesn’t really matter who the woman is, as long as she fills the role he wants. And he tells her exactly what her role will be.
He offered a shrug. “I am ready to mate. I want - cubs.
Ooh, she just can’t do this. How could he be so horrid!!! She has to fight back!!
“You are more than 10 years older than me, and that makes you really old in my eyes, signor.” .
Is she serious????
“Thirty-four to twenty-two is a good difference cara.” It was the first time he had used that endearment to her and it quivered down her spine like a terrible sin. “It means I can offer you experience and fidelity, having worked out my studding period when I was your age.”
…..Really, did he just say that????
“Whereas you will give me your youth, your beauty, your wonderful smooth, tight, creamy white body ….
” Jeez….this guy is beyond alpha-male!!!! And what does Lizzy say to that……
“How cold you are.”
No, really????
“Not between the sheets.”…..
his reply ……seriously!!! I kid you not!!! You have to love the interaction between these two………..
“So if I decided one day to, say, stroll into your office and demand sex with you while you’re busy on the phone making more millions?” she challenged.
Wow, is this woman for real???? Of course Luc is never lost for words…..
“Is that one of your fantasies?” he quizzed, bringing a flush crawling up her throat. .
Uh!!!!!
“Then, of course, I would do my best to accommodate you – just make sure you arrive wearing no tights.” .
This man knows what he wants…..
”Panties can be dealt with, tights demand a distinct lack of finesse, .
- I so totally agree Luc -
and if your fantasy forces me to make millions while I accommodate you then, the easier you make it for me, the more pleasure you will get out of me.” .
Now, this is a man who is totally in tune with himself!!!!!!!!!!!! He “cock-sure” about his lovemaking skills no doubt!!! And boy, does Lizzy discover those skills within a short time…. So, Luc is busy playing with her breasts and what does Lizzy think and feel?????
“Her nipples sprang out in a blatant leap and she squirmed in embarrassment . . .
” What….oh yes, forgot….she’s a virgin and never done this before so I suppose she could be forgiven …but only this one time. Of course, Luc being the super lover…..
“He wasn’t embarrassed. He just used his long fingers to shape the quivering (am I mistaken or is there a lot of quivering going on here!!!) globe in preparation to take that tight dark rosebud into his mouth. A piercing hot sting struck from the centre of her nipple and shot all the way down to her thighs, bending her body like a wand.” .
Oh my…. How could Lizzy ever doubt this man’s sexual expertise????? Soon Lizzy is swept into Luc’s the jet-setting lifestyle – limos, villas, private jets and helicopters, grand homes all over the world – Lake Como, Milan, the Caribbean, designer wardrobes….you know the things we all dream about and never come true…..hell, it certainly came true for Lizzy…and does she appreciate it??? You guessed right!!! She’s a constant whinger, whiner and is totally horrid and immature and ungrateful towards poor Luc every chance she’s given. By the time Luc flies her on his private jet...natch!!...to the beautiful island for their honeymoon, I was feeling really sorry for him. Okay, so the guy used some underhand methods to get her but he’s turned out to be someone nicer underneath that sardonic attitude. No, he does not have a dark past or secret…well his grandfather was a bit of a Romeo…but nothing too heavy and awful…. In fact I was warming up to him pretty fast but hey not old Lizzy. She continued with her complaints and threats and accusations about how awful and horrid Luc was!!! Let me just say that …….I DID NOT LIKE THIS ELIZABETH!!! Why couldn’t Luc fall in love with someone who really saw the real him???? And him having to grovel in the end to get her back!!!!!!!!! Well, I truly hope that their HEA is everlasting. After all, Lizzy does tell him at the end….
“Just something else I owe you,” Lizzy shied mock tragically. “Five and half million kisses -.
oh yes, that was the way that Luc told Lizzy in the beginning, how she could repay that amount, which he used to bail her dolt family out of trouble, back to him –
a few De Santis cubs .
– oh yay, she agreed!!! So, finally, what else can I say…..I liked the story of Luc & Lizzy…but not exactly one of my favorites by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment