LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Friday 16 June 2017

Review: The Ultimatum (The Guardian, #1) by Karen Robards (Goodreads Author)

The Ultimatum (The Guardian, #1)The Ultimatum by Karen Robards
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Karen Robards's latest book, The Ultimatum, which looks like the 1st book in The Guardian Series was one of the most excruciating books I have read by this author.

I had such high hopes after reading Chapter 1......the story started with a bang.......it certainly got my attention.........I couldn't wait to turn to the next chapter!!!

And what happened after turning the 1st page of Chapter 2?? Nothing!!! What follows are loooong and repetitive scenes after scenes. Nothing made any sense...not the characters...not the story......
 photo images_zpsmfn1f4sc.jpg
By page 200.......the plot just "plodded" along!!! I was still not sure where the story was going........

I am not sure what the plot was suppose to be.........okay, the mc, heroine, Bianca St Ives, is pretty awesome..in the beginning...but how many times did I have to be told what she has hidden in her garter!!!! Is this a romantic suspense...well, romance...was there any...maybe I missed it...suspense.......think I missed that too!!!! Thriller...okay, lots of bad guys, killers and kidnappers, etc etc........oh man.........even the cliff-hanger at the very end of the book didn't make me want to continue the story, which I presume is book #2........

So, final thoughts about this story!!!!!Let the face tell you what they are....
 photo Boring-gif_zpsazlxdg2p.gif
Oh yes, why the 1,5 stars???? Because the only character I liked was Bianca St Ives!!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment