LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Sunday 11 June 2017

Review: The Secret Place (Dublin Murder Squad, #5) by Tana French (Goodreads Author)

The Secret Place (Dublin Murder Squad, #5)The Secret Place by Tana French
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

1,5 STARS

I had hopes of continuing the "high" after reading Tana French's previous book, Broken Harbor, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... which I really liked...but sadly no......The Secret Place, 5th in her Dublin Murder Squad Series...was a total not hit but a total MISS...

This was a cold case....the Murder Square had not been able to solve the murder of a boy, whose body had been found in the grounds of an all girl's private school.
A year later, new evidence comes up in the form of a card with the boy's foto and message "I know who killed him."

Detective Stephen Moran from Cold Cases teams up with Dublin Murder Squad's Detective Antoinette Conway to open up the investigation again.

Despite me liking Tana French's writing and the two main characters, I just could not get into this book.

Slow, tedious and far too many flashbacks....and far too much information and descriptions that felt had no added value to the story.

I mentioned before that I liked Detective Stephen Moran and Detective Antoinette Conway...but the rest of the sooooooooo toooooooooo many characters were beyond boring and irritating...
“Alison’s mum has had a lot of plastic surgery and she wears fake eyelashes the size of hairbrushes. She looks sort of like a person but not really, like someone explained to aliens what a person is and they did their best to make one of their own.”
After a while, reading more and more about the annoying and empty schoolgirls...I was like..... .I don't give a toss who killed the boy...in fact, kill all the girls as well.... just kidding!!! But most if not all of them were so on the surface...
“ “If I've learned one thing today, it's that teenage girls make Moriarty look like a babe in the woods."
Not my favorite in this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment