LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Saturday 25 March 2017

Review: The Wingman by Natasha Anders (Goodreads Author)

The WingmanThe Wingman by Natasha Anders
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

1,5 stars The half star because I liked the setting and I like the author!

I so wanted to like this book. Really!!

Firstly....I like this author, Natasha Anders and I loved two of her books...well, one, not so much!
Secondly.....I had this hope Wingman would be a "sparkler" and hey....it's about a pilot!!! Right, Wingman!

WRONG...WRONG....WRONG!!

Wingman is just as awful as A Ruthless Proposition and it's not about a pilot...not even close!! The book title refers go: the hero being is brother's "wingman" - keep the heroine busy whilst the hero's brother tries to get off with heroine's sister!!!! Talk about tacky!~~

Okay, the first few pages were promising.....but after Chapter 1..........let me clarify my dislikes in the shortest way possible...don't want to do a looooong rant!!

The hero.........Mason Carlisle, town's bad boy made good, ex SAS soldier, ex famous underwear model, ex owner of security company to the stars and royalty, who only dates beautiful models and even a Princess or two......blushes, yes, his face reddens, when the heroine, jokingly tells him that there is a website in their local town dedicated to him!!!! Seriously, he blushes~!!!Excuse me for a second.........
 photo tumblr_ms6420MAzP1swgcako1_250_zps9kieye7g.gif
His this guy for real!!!!!

The heroine..............Daisy McGregor, the girl from the right side of town aka her family has money, the hero's doesn't! I tried to like...actually, I liked her in the first few chapters..but then..OMG...her whole feel sorry for me please...
 photo tumblr_mmgz9zwB2I1snhqsko1_400_zpsg8iorxf2.gif
See, Daisy has two sisters....

Dahlia aka THE PRETTY ONE
Daffodil aka THE CUTE ONE
And Daisy aka THE OTHER ONE...you know, the ugly duckling, the fat one~!!
Girl, get a life. You don't like your big butt or your rolling waist....exercise and get it together instead of bemoaning your lot!!

The chemistry between these two just wasn't there. He thought she wasn't that attractive but he wanted to "bonk" her...nothing else. And she....not sure what she wanted from him...apart from him(view spoiler)Now, if you've read my spoiler and you think that's bad...wait, there's worse...the hero doesn't realize that the heroine is a virgin..uh..uh...she has to tell him and he's beyond surprised!!!OMG...idiot is too good a word to describe him!

The secondary characters..........OMG....the heroine's sisters friends were beyond a caricature!!! Too stupid and dunce heads galore!!! Other characters were totally unforgettable!!

And then...when the heroine goes off by herself to a very dangerous place to help the poor and needy..........I just couldn't.........
 photo Shake-My-Head-I-Cant-Gif-_zpsbrt1n0cr.gif
The scenes with the heroine's parents when the hero (view spoiler)I actually broke out by this time...yes guys, I persevered with the story...yes, give me some kudos for my tenacity......but this did help me in some small way..
 photo tumblr_mvzm4wir1r1qbxtgwo3_250_zps4bv7kp4h.gif


Anyway, before I actually turned the last page...well, a long time before........I had these really horrible thoughts in my head towards old Mason and Daisytjie!!! (that means little Daisy!!!!)
 photo 9650d90f2fb8633cd5f548df903bb172_zpsvq3jkoem.gif
Although this was not a book for me, I am sure there's a lot of others out there that will like it...that it does something to them.......to me......it did zero!!!

If you want to check out my reviews on the books I've read by this author:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment