LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Wednesday 29 March 2017

Review: Unforgivable (Tracers #3) by Laura Griffin (Goodreads Author)

Unforgivable (Tracers #3)Unforgivable by Laura Griffin
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I have been looking forward to the smart DNA Tracer at the Adelphi Centre, Mia Voss's book since she first made her appearance in Untraceable, the 1st book in Laura Griffin's Tracers Series.

This is her and Detective Ric Santos', who we met in the 2nd book, Unspeakable, story.

I had high expectations but unfortunately they were not quite met. There were a few issues that left me feeling very disappointed.

Mia becomes a totally different character to what she has been previously portrayed. She's like this insecure person who does the most stupid things possible - the most stupid??? How she lets herself be manipulated by everyone around her...never mind manipulation...but hey, to allow Ric to treat her the way he does.....and how she deals with being blackmailed by the bad guy who supposedly has kidnapped her nephew..........Ric........I just couldn't get this guy!!! He blows hot and cold towards Mia. One minute he ignores her than he wants her. He feels nothing...then he worries about her safety..........come on................he acts beyond an idiot...Most of the time - my feelings were that Ric was not really into her...in fact I would have liked her to have been coupled with someone more interesting...........actually, I wanted to tell her on numerous occasions............Chemistry!! What chemistry???????

Then there's the plot..............talk about absurd!!! The reason for Mia being in danger.........really!!!! Didn't feel real.....and the bad guys!!!! No, totally not exciting at all.

I was so sorry that I couldn't engage with Mia in this book............to be honest, I liked some of the secondary characters more..........especially Mia's work colleague at the Delphi Centre, Sophie. Now that character's story I am so looking forward to.

So, let me end this by saying...........it's not a horrible book........just an okay one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment