LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Thursday 23 March 2017

Review: The Devil's Triangle (A Brit in the FBI, #4) by Catherine Coulter (Goodreads Author), J.T. Ellison (Goodreads Author)

The Devil's Triangle (A Brit in the FBI, #4)The Devil's Triangle by Catherine Coulter
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

1,5 stars

I have been reading books by Catherine Coulter for years and years and must say that I have liked most of them. I have also read the first 3 books in her A Brit in the FBI Series that she has co-written with J.T. Ellison.

This series started off pretty good with the first book but by the time I finished book 3, I was feeling a bit up in the "air" about it. However, I couldn't resist when the latest and 4th book, The Devil's Triangle came out.

Was I surprised...and not in a ever good way!!! Talk about lacklustre feels!!! I struggled to finish this book but I kept on in the hope that something would happen...something good that would uplift this story!!

Sadly..it didn't!!! Not even all the action scenes and meeting up with Nicholas Drummond, my favourite FBI Brit and feisty American cop, Michaela aka Mike Caine and even my favourite thief, Kitsune, who was introduced in the first book, The Final Cut, could throw some interest my way!!!

Let me just say the following:

The plot - Beyond Ridiculous!!! Some evil people trying to control the world's weather, throw in a bit of the paranormal, the long search for the so called Ark of the Covenant, stealing Moses, yes, the old Bible Moses' staff from the Topkapi Museum, vanishing islands in the Bermuda Triangle, evil twins.........hell, I lost the plot so many times that after a while I just kept skimming.
 photo DwrnYsZCXspu8_zpsvbtkp2az.gif
a couple of pages here and there....because there was so much repetition..........

The characters - Now, let's talk about the many and many and may one-dimensional characters!!! Everyone has their own POV!!!! Which was beyond irritating!!!
Absurd.........the way the Italian cops are portrayed....I had to laugh otherwise I would be crying about how stupid and inept they are!!! Naturally the Brits/Americans are the only characters that are honest, intelligent and kick ass without a second thought.
Nicholas and Mike spend more time debating about Kitusune and having the most outrages escapades ever!!!! They even get to ride a huge bike in a tunnel underneath a palazzo in Perugia (geez, now I want to go back to Perugia and check out which palazzo it is so I can also go for a ride!!)

The dialogue- No, No, No. Stilted! Unnatural!! Wooden! And I lost count of how many times we are told about Kitsune being a thief, should she be imprisoned......and how clever so and so is...and so on and so on...........

The Epilogue-
 photo raw_zpsoeruubnz.gif
But let me not discourage you to reading this addition to the series. There are a lot of others who loved it, so you may as well do.........the fact that I didn't enjoy it...well, that's just me!!!!

PS.........The reason for 1/2 star - because I liked the settings of the book, especially Italy!!!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment