LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Sunday 4 December 2016

Review: Superstar by Danielle Bourdon (Goodreads Author)

SuperstarSuperstar by Danielle Bourdon
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Superstar by Danielle Bourdon is the first book I've read by this author.

The story revolves around the Hollywood movie superstar and heartthrob, Maximo Payne, who hates the paparazzi like a rabid puppy. Camryn Castillo has her own online gossip website that does unobtrusive interviews with stars.

The plot is a bit far-fetched. She travels to Rome, Italy to do an interview with Maximo...not sure what he was doing in that city.

Anyway Camryn and he meet up in their hotel, she doesn't tell him who she is....he takes her around doing some Rome sightseeing....etc etc....they feel attracted to each other.
The premise of the story held some promise...........but there were things that just didn't do it for me.

Okay, so I didn't feel any chemistry between the two main characters. In fact, Maximo is pretty much remote and doesn't show much passion and excitement, which I would expect from a hot blooded Italian!!!!

And all the online jargon with her friend and partner, and the bad paparazzi...blah blah blah...

The dialogue felt flat and not believable to me. The writing didn't sparkle for me. The characters were somewhat one dimensional and lacked depth and a bit too immature and never held my interest.

I did however, like the Rome and Switzerland settings.

This was a kind of okay read....something like......
 photo tumblr_o61av0Oh0g1tezl7yo1_400_zpsys1owzsj.gif


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment