LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Tuesday 27 December 2016

Review: A Stone-Kissed Sea (Elemental World, #4) by Elizabeth Hunter (Goodreads Author)

A Stone-Kissed Sea (Elemental World, #4)A Stone-Kissed Sea by Elizabeth Hunter
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

1,5 star

I became a fan of Elisabeth Hunter since I read A Hidden Fire, the 1st book in her Elemental Mysteries Series and I loved the spin-off, Elemental World Series - you can read my reviews on the first three books here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
Needless to say, I was so excited with the arrival of book #4 - A Stone-Kissed Sea...............but that excitement soon began to fade..............throughout most of the story I spent doing more of..........
 photo tumblr_inline_ohowmwqQhU1qe5ngf_500_zpsg08chnfn.gif
YES.........dragging my body on the floor....trying...oh trying so very hard not to give up!!!

The story just dragged on and on.....pretty much like me on the floor!!!

The main characters...the hero....ancient vampire Lucien Thrax and the heroine, Makeda.....the human beyond intelligent scientist who never ever wants to become a vampire whilst working in the vampire world....suddenly turns beyond stupid when she's turned to save her life!!!!!OOOh, then it's hate hate hate poor old beyond stupid hero, Lucien...who just by the way did not turn her into a monster vampire...his friend did...alright Lucien did ask him to do it!!!
The two spend more time snipping and ignoring each other than any kind of loving..........I just never felt the loving...the chemistry between these two. I couldn't give a toss what happens to them.........I wanted to go out there and find a cure for their malady..........
 photo tumblr_m4kbhwih4s1r5k9koo1_500_zpsrwej7t88.gif
.............but I guess I ran out of energy after all that floor crawling!!!!

Anyway, the plot just keeps getting more and more OTT...........the ancient vampires are on a power roll....Lucien and Makeda are working on a cure for Elixir ...remember, the poison killing off vampires and humans!!!! So, let's lots and lots of travel...by private jet....by private boat.....and lots of other methods!!! Lots and lots of very very boring boring ancient vampires...........there are so many characters in the story that I had to keep reminding myself who was who!!

Although we get to see some characters from the previous books......which was the only thing that made me continue turning the next page...........what would have made it more bearable was if I could have been given a glimpse of Giovanni Vecchio and Beatrice De Novo.........which we don't get...we just get his private jet!!!

I know I'm in the minority here about this book..........all the reviews I've seen have been 4 and 5 stars............so, don't let me put you off reading this book............it's just for me................A Stone-Kissed Sea did not turn out to be a reading-kissed experience!!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment