LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Monday 12 December 2016

Review: The Girl In The Ice (DCI Erika Foster, #1) by Robert Bryndza (Goodreads Author)

The Girl In The Ice (DCI Erika Foster, #1)The Girl In The Ice by Robert Bryndza
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've rediscovered British crime writers!! And so glad I did, especially after reading the awesome debut novel, The Girl In The Ice, the 1st book in DCI Erika Foster Series by Robert Bryndza, an author unknown to me but not for long!!

What a great start to the series. The author has created an amazing cast of characters that are real and totally believable.

DCI Erika Foster, the main protagonist reminded me in some way of DCI Jane Tennison from Lynda La Plante's Prime Suspect Series. At first, Erika Forster comes across as a cold and gritty person but as we discover her back story, we get to see her vulnerability beneath that cold exterior. I admired her tenacity and her determination and her sense of what's right.


A few sections are from the killer's POV, which gives one a glimpse into their thoughts, which I really liked.

A great storyline, impressive writing, a fantastic sense of place and some clever twists and turns that had you truly guessing who the real killer was until the very end.

I'm really looking forward to reading the next book in this series.

Highly recommended.

I loved this.....Erika visiting her dead husband's grave.........hell, I had a knot in my chest...
“won't be far away for life goes on. And if you need me, call and I will come. Though you can't see or touch me, I will be near. And if you listen with your heart, you'll hear, All my love around you soft and clear. And then, when you come this way alone, I'll greet you with a smile and a “Welcome Home”.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment