LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Sunday 11 December 2016

Review: The Doll's House (Dr. Kate Pearson, #2) by Louise Phillips (Goodreads Author)

The Doll's House (Dr. Kate Pearson, #2)The Doll's House by Louise Phillips
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Doll’s House, the 2nd book in Louise Phillips's Dr Kate Pearson Series, sees the return of criminal psychologist/profiler Dr Kate Pearson and Detective Inspector O’Connor.

From the very first page.......... "feet sinking into the sand, seaweed between my toes. In my arms I hold a doll, with curly blonde hair and sea-blue eyes." you are hooked.

Set in Dublin and its surroundings, Kate and O'Connor are both dealing with their own personal issues, and are now working together in a new case. A well-known local TV personality's body is floating in one of the city's canals and soon after, another body, with links to the first one, is also murdered.

Once again, the story is told from multiple POV'S of Kate Pearson, Clodagh McKay and the twisted and psychotic mind of the killer.

An intriguing and suspenseful plot, that digs into the depths of human nature, lies, secrets, with sub-plots that slowly build up to an explosive conclusion. Just when I thought I knew what would happen next....bam...another twist and turn.......and not even one or two that I had expected.

A refreshingly different crime story, that's well-written, well-developed and human characters.

I am really looking forward to the next book, Last Kiss.

Highly recommended.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment