LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Tuesday 1 November 2016

Review: Shadow Rider (Shadow, #1) by Christine Feehan (Goodreads Author)

Shadow Rider (Shadow, #1)Shadow Rider by Christine Feehan
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I keep telling myself that I am not going to get any more books by this author after the last disasters that I have read. But no, I continue to "martyr" myself.......just hoping that maybe, perhaps, this one will be a total winner and get me back into her fan club!!!!

Sadly, Shadow Rider the 1st novel in Christine Feehan's Shadow Riders new paranormal romance series, Shadow Riders did not turn out to be that winner ....so, it's true to say that I have not rejoined the fan club again!!!

Seriously, if I didn't know better, I would think that this book was written by someone else..........it just did not feel like a Christine Feehan story to me.

Shadow Riders, the series opener is set in Chicago and the story centers around Francesca Capello,has a lot of dark secrets and is fleeing from something from her past and Stefano Ferraro, the head of the very wealthy and mysterious and much feared Ferraro family with a secret as well....they can travel through shadows......

He's dangerous and scary and within seconds of meeting Francesca realizes that she's also a shadow traveller...(of course, she doesn't' know this yet!!!!).

The plot of shadow travellers is an interesting and unique one but that's the only thing about this book......it seemed interesting but it just turned out to be a total bore!!

How many times must we hear from Francesca how beautiful Stefano is...once???
 photo tumblr_lo4j7kbfgk1qjltwv_zps7nbgqd5y.gif
twice????
 photo Jlaw23_zpsfpvlyrbb.gif
three times???????????????
 photo c33d774635eaf9c193e6d1785ca24a6f_zpsjucdtwmj.gif
No, more than three times...more than 4, 5, 6 times...I lost count after a while....when it came to how many times the other Ferraro men were so beautiful..........I never gave up!!!

Then the whole Francesca/Stefano debacle!!! Within a second, he knows she's the one for him..........insta............insta....insta-love moment....And guess what? This is a total alpha...yes, he is!!
 photo 775854_zps57s7yldb.gif
He's so controlling...domineering....he just takes over her whole damn life...and he does this..why????
Stefano Quote: I’m not easy. I’ll never be easy. I’ll own you. You won’t have one moment when I’m not aware of where you are and what you’re doing. That’s who I am.

 photo tumblr_n4jase9xHB1qeey9xo8_250_zpsopvfpvma.gif
Francesca was the most boring and total wishy washy heroine!!! She's suppose to be this brave and heroic woman but what does she do when Stefano tramples all over her and takes over her life...including the clothes she wears!!!! Nothing!!! Just gives in...because she's attracted to him and because he's so beauti........ful!!!!! Please!!!
 photo 2009-12-01-Am-I-Wishy-Washy-Im-Not-Sure_zpsljprftsp.gif
There is so much repetitive sentences...and the dialogue! OMG!!! I was between laughing my head off, tears in my eyes or rolling on the floor!!!

I so wanted to give up.............but I pushed myself to finally getting to the last page..........what a damn waste of my very precious reading time!!!!

I noticed that there are a lot of readers that loved this book.....but for me........I was disappointed and unless you are a diehard CF fan, I cannot recommend this book to anyone

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment