LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Tuesday 29 November 2016

Review: Hotwire (Maggie O'Dell, #9) by Alex Kava (Goodreads Author)

Hotwire (Maggie O'Dell, #9)Hotwire by Alex Kava
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

In Hotwire, the latest and 9th instalment of Alex Kava's Maggie O'Dell's Series starts off with two puzzling but interesting cases that I thought were linked.....a teen party gone wrong in Nebraska and an outbreak of food poisoning in 2 schools. Sorry to say.....but they are not at all....in the end I wondered what the reason was for the two plots!!! The food poisoning plot felt pointless to me........

The story is well paced and there are some intriguing parts but in the end, we are again left dangling with unresolved issues........which left me really frustrated.

Still no development between Maggie and Benjamin Platt's relationship....it's still up in the air.

Most of the characters were forgettable with the only one exception......Lucy Coy, the local forensic pathologist.

This series seems to be losing some "momentum" for me..........the characters are becoming static and seem to be going nowhere.

Again, not a stellar addition to this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment