LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Friday 28 October 2016

Review: Dark Promises (Dark, #29) by Christine Feehan (Goodreads Author)

Dark Promises (Dark, #29)Dark Promises by Christine Feehan
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

1,5 stars

I have been a reader of Christine Feehan's Dark Series since I read the first book, Dark Prince and have read all the books in the series.

DARK PROMISES is Book 29 in Christine Feehan's Dark series. This was, for me, the biggest "misses" in this series.

I was so looking forward to Gary Jansen and Gabrielle Sanders, the humans turned Carpathians, story. And what happened when I turned a couple of pages???? This book is not their story together!!! That's right!!

What is suppose to be their wedding night turns into a nightmare of unthinkable proportions. Gabrielle, it turns out, is not Gary's lifemate!!! Horrors of Horrors.

But Gabrielle refuses to give up on Gary -so she follows him to some monastery deep in the mountains....and what happens??? Aleksei, one of the Ancient Carparthains, living in the remote monastery, who has been sleeping for centuries, wakes up - he now has his feelings back, he can see in colour........and all because???? Gabrielle is his life-mate!!!

So, she fights it!!! But of course, he turns her on totally!!!! Man, I just could not get into these two's path to love and happiness!!!
 photo giphy_zpsmceyxumw.gif
Even worse........there's another love story happening here. Trixie Joanes meets a much, much younger hot and sexy man in the Carpathian mountains, where she has been looking for her missing granddaughter. His name is Fane and he informs Trixie that she's his lifemate.

Okay, now that sounds okay....we all know that Carpathian males need their lifemates to have colour and feeling in their lives....but a thirty year old falls in love with a 60 year old grandmother!!!!!! Please, can someone send me a guy like Fane, who will fall in love with me and my "ripen" body!!! After a couple of pages....I just skipped the rest where Trixie and Fane made appearances!!!! Sorry, I know I sound cruel..why wouldn't a 30 year old man fall for an older woman....would I feel the same if it was a younger woman and an older man???

Yes, I can't imagine a 30 year age gap!!!!! Even if it's vampires!!!! Don't get me wrong again...I liked Trixie...I found her to be a total gas...but just when I thought of her with Fane...no, no, no!!! Sorry Trixie........
 photo tumblr_n3mgxrL2pD1tq4of6o1_500_zps5slvu8yc.gifThis was not a great book..........sorry, but unless you are a die-hard fan of the Dark Series - you then have to read this one...but if you are not!!! Give this one a miss!!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment