LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Saturday 3 September 2016

Review: Night and Day: An Eve Duncan Novel by Iris Johansen (Goodreads Author)

Night and Day: An Eve Duncan NovelNight and Day: An Eve Duncan Novel by Iris Johansen
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

1,5 stars
I have read the entire Eve Duncan Series by Iris Johansen since the 1st book and Eve Duncan, forensic sculptor extraordinaire has become one of my all time favorite characters.

Hide Away is the 20th book in the series and to be truthful….a somewhat boring and disappointing offering!!!

I am really struggling with this series. I have been reading Eve Duncan series from the very beginning and it's become one of my favorites but lately...........I can't understand where the author is taking the series to next!!

Night and Day is the 21st book in the series and the 3rd in some kind of trilogy that deals with Eve and the young girl, Cara. I debated reading this book after the disappointing previous two books... https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... and
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... but I can't resist Eve Duncan.

No, No, No!
 photo http-2F2Fmashable.com2Fwp-content2Fuploads2F20132F062FBrave1_zpsduhxhdao.gif
Now we have the Russian mafia....yes, the Colombian drug cartel has been "bumped" off by some evil beings - running around trying to "bump" off Eve and her family and friends!!! Hell, can we give poor Eve a break and get her to have some fun and good times!!!!
Anyway - Jane is on and off with Caleb..........can we get these two to make up their bloody minds for a change!!! Carla, the 11 year old but an old soul is still trying to save everyone around her.........are you sure that she's only 11??? Because let me tell you, I haven't met any 11 year old like her........and PLEASE how many times do we have to be told that everyone and I mean everyone wants to SAVE and PROTECT Eve!!!!! Give me a break!!!
The dialogue is so boring and repetitive rules here again...let's rehash the entire two books here again please!!!!
 photo Eyeroll_zpsw0j47lju.gif
Ms Johansen, can you get Eve back to working with her skulls and getting closure for dead people instead of dealing with all this hocus pocus!!!!!
And yes, after the HUGE cliffhanger here.............I see no other option but to read book #22!!!!
So here I am...going to wait patiently for Eve and Joe's next ADVENTURE!!!
 photo Bored-cat_zps0ieeofiv.gif


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment