LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Monday 9 May 2016

Review: The 14th Colony by Steve Berry (Goodreads Author)

The 14th ColonyThe 14th Colony by Steve Berry
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I’ve enjoyed reading Steve Berry’s Cotton Malone Series but the latest and 11th adventure, The 14th Colony, was somewhat a bit of a disappointment for me.

Whilst I like the way the author blends in well researched historical mysteries with present day conspiracies, I found the plot, which revolves around the time of the Cold War and a lot of the USA amendments……Russian zealots bent on bringing down the USA today………..after a while I found myself skipping and skimming a lot of pages…….may I admit that I was bored….the slow pace until the last couple of pages …..did I struggle to get to the end.

Actually, I would have liked more pages given to Cotton Malone. Cassiopeia and other characters I have come to know and love.

This is the book in this series that never excited me. The author has written much better books in this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment