LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Thursday 24 December 2015

Review: Forget by N.A. Alcorn (Goodreads Author)

ForgetForget by N.A. Alcorn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Forget by NA Alcorn is, for me, tells a story that you never want it to end. A beautiful and touching story of love, loss, heartache and discovery. A story of two people that were meant to find each other…..
 photo download201_zpsmy6oyktk.jpg
The story begins with Brooke Sawyer, a LA music producer, is dealing with the loss of her beloved grandmother Millie and after the funeral, opens the letter that she had been told to read after her death. It’s the most touchingly beautiful and haunting chapter in this book. The love that Millie had for Brooke was extraordinary……leaving a bucket list for things that she wanted Brooke to do in her life.

The day after Millie’s funeral, Brooke travels to Paris to honor her request.

This is the beginning of a journey that will change Brooke’s life forever. And a meeting with a beautiful green-eyed man on the Metro will be a momentous moment that makes you believe that some things in your life are meant to be. I loved the scene where the two first meet and how Brooke tried to be cool and collected……

Dylan Bissette, gorgeous and beautiful…talented musician and the most incredible and endearing man.
 photo ba20ca7b6147dcb05a381d817886cf67_zpsrbifd4kc.jpg
There were so many things I loved about this book.

-The immediate connection between Brooke and Dylan. Two souls meant to be together. The friendship that grew into love. How comfortable they felt with each other. The fun and laughter.
 photo 12988969_zpsdjhjkjwk.gif
You’ve wrecked me, Little Wing.” –Dylan

How much they had in common, their common love for music……
 photo superthumb_zpsvwwmcocu.jpg

Even when Brooke held back on the secrets she had in her life
”I keep his secrets, and he keeps mine. He has trusted me with the darkest, most painful parts of his life, and holding onto that trust will always be a priority. I won’t hurt him. Our relationship is complicated.”
…….she was unable to stop her feelings for Dylan….he brought magic into her life….something she had never experienced before..
 photo 51CUN4N4LL_zpsym9dqf1e.jpg
"I want to get drunk off his smile and have a million of his smile's half-British, half-French babies. His full lips make me think of French kisses, which lead me to think about him naked again. I'm hopeless."
…….
 photo 17417036_zpsgv6dlguv.gif
-I loved seeing the change in Brooke as the days flew by…..a month of the most incredible moments of happiness and her battle in trying to deal with what was waiting for her back home…
 photo tumblr_lcia3nKp3O1qemcr1o1_400_large_zps9oeceywg.jpg
-I was astounded by the understanding and acceptance that Dylan showed Brooke when she told him about her uncertainties facing her and the struggle she had owing up to her feelings for him.
“The greater the capacity to love, the greater the capacity to feel the pain.”
-The Paris setting. I felt as if I was back there…..I recognized the streets, the places…..nostalgic memories of a time I spent in that city with my man when we were so very young…..the vividness was incredible…the smell of fresh baguettes, cafĂ© au lait……
 photo 2769714458027727190A59K9K5c_zpsed8mvai2.jpg photo download_zps5o4iqrsh.jpg
-The characters in this story were absolutely fabulous. I adored Brooke’s BFF, Lindsay….she was one of a kind and I would love to read her book someday. Dylan’s brother, Jesse, was totally lovable even when he was being a total man-whore!!! And the one I really loved was Millie. She was an incredible person…someone I would love to meet and become friends with.
-The twist of who and what about Dylan’s uncle’s story left me wanting to know more.
-Loved the writing……words that flowed so naturally that kept me captivated through each page I turned.
-Wow….each chapter heading is a title of a song…..how neat is that???? Jimmy Hendrix, Artic Monkeys, Rolling Stones, The Ramones…….it was a blast from the past!!!! I actually went onto YouTube and listened to the songs. Just made the story even more special.

This was one of my favorite books of 2015. It’s a story that will stay with me for a very long time.
I can’t wait for Blur, the continuation of Brooke and Dylan’s story.

And these words grabbed at my heart-strings….memorable and unforgettable…..
 photo afb10e5a-1f6c-45be-86e3-2843371bcb6e_zpschswwtsd.png



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment