LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Wednesday 25 November 2015

Review: Close Your Eyes by Iris Johansen (Goodreads Author), Roy Johansen (Goodreads Author)

Close Your EyesClose Your Eyes by Iris Johansen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2,5 stars

Close your Eyes is the 1st novel in the Kendra Michaels Series by Iris Johansen and Roy Johansen.

I have been a huge fan of Iris Johansen since reading the 1st book in her Eve Duncan Series, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... and have read the entire series and a lot more of her other series, so I was looking forward to reading more about Kendra Michaels, who made an appearance in one of Eve Duncan latest books.

I can’t exactly say why this one was such a disappointment.

I found the premise of the story really good…..a woman who regains her sight after being blind for twenty years and uses her talents to help people with problems by doing music therapy and she also helps the FBI solve cases. Kendra Michaels is reluctant to help the FBI again after some not so good interactions with them in the past.
When her ex boyfriend and FBI agent, goes missing and her ex lover FBI agent, Adam Lynch asks for her help, she agrees. But not without giving the FBI agents a hard time.

The agents are portrayed as totally stupid and ineffective and only KENDRA MICHAELS is the smart one!
The bad guys are so idiotic that I could have solved the case myself.
The romance between Adam and Kendra..sorry, did I say romance??? No, there’s not even a flicker of heat between these two!!
Their interaction became so damn tiresome after a while.

I didn’t exactly hate this book…..just didn’t do it for me!!! Maybe book #2 will be better!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment