LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Saturday 28 March 2015

Review: House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires, #7) by Chloe Neill

House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires, #7)House Rules by Chloe Neill
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It took a bit of time for me to get into this series but finally…..I am really loving it.

The first couple of books I found Merit to be the most irritating heroine ever!!!! And even though I did like Ethan Sullivan, I was a bit dubious about his character. The interaction between the two drove me absolutely crazy…..yes I do, no I don’t!!! Jeez!!!!! Back and forward!!!! So much drama. It almost felt forced at times. Make up your minds you two!!!!

But by the time I came to House Rules, book #7…I finally realized how much he fascinating and captivating fantasy of the Chicagoland Vampires magical world where with vampires, shifters, witches, gnomes, angels, demons, fairies, nymphs and humans live.

Things are changing at Cadogan House. With the risk of being excommunicate from the GP which will result in them becoming rogue vampires, the gang now has to deal with a much more dangerous threat. Someone is killing off rogue vampires and, which adds to the stress of the Cadogan House vampires.
Merit has finally realized that this is now her world and home and she will have to use all her skills, allies , strength and not forgetting her wits to protect her “family”.

Lots of non-stop action, magic, tension…..and I really enjoyed the secondary characters……even Mallory, Merit’s best friend sorcerer is growing on me…and Catcher too!!! Which was really surprising because I have not been that enamored with them in the past.

Loved Gabriel and shifters clan….there are some interesting characters in that group and I am looking forward to see how the friendship between vampires and shifters will go.

Some of my favourite quotes:
“Ethan Sullivan,” I marveled. “You have a library fantasy.”
He smiled slightly. “I have a doctoral-student-turned-vampire fantasy.”

“I'm taking fifteen, and we're moving this discussion upstairs."
"You can have here! I will not listen."
"You will listen," Mallory said, "and you'll tell your book club exactly what you heard."
"But is like Twilight in real life!" Berna protested. "Sparkles!”

“He stepped forward to keep our bodies aligned, and took my chin in his hand. "I will have you. Body, mind, and soul. And I won't share you with anyone else.”

“We’ve talked. We’re talking. Lots and lots of talking and then more talking and conversing and communicating and talking.”
I arched an eyebrow at her. She made an awful sound. “God, you’re already Mrs. Sullivan. Let’s go downstairs.”


The ending pretty much wraps up with resolving the killings and we don’t really get a cliffhanger. But by now, I am looking forward to Merit and Ethan’s next “adventure’!!!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment