LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Review: His for Revenge (Vows of Convenience #2) by Caitlin Crews

His for RevengeHis for Revenge by Caitlin Crews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After reading His for a Price https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... which I was not mad about, I was surprised....I actually liked the follow-up....yes, I liked it so much more than book #1!!!

Not having been “enamoured” with Chase in the previous book, I did have some misgivings...would I actually like the guy???? He certainly did not “grab” me!!! But what a turnaround!!!! Maybe it had something to do with the heroine...Zara Eliott...she was such a fabulous character. I totally adored her from the first time we meet her....and what could be anything weirder than taking her sister’s place as a bride .....to marry Chase Whitaker (who had been blackmailed by her father to marry her gorgeous sister!!!).

Zara is a totally adorable and likeable character. Despite all the “shit” that’s been dealt to her in life by her father and sister....she still remains a totally lovable person. The way she deals with Chase is so endearing and engaging.
How could I resist someone who loves Daphne du Maurier and Phyllis A. Whitney’s books......i love those two authors!!!!! Yes, Zara and I totally connected!!!!!!

I so enjoyed the interaction and dialogue between Zara and Chase!!!
Loved the setting...a Gothic house in Poughkeepsie....

Lovely seeing how the two connect and find their HEA.....not forgetting how much I liked when Zara gives her horrible sister and father the “boot”.

What a fantastic surprise. Loved this book!!!!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment