LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Review: Changing Constantinou's Game by Jennifer Hayward

Changing Constantinou's GameChanging Constantinou's Game by Jennifer Hayward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the 2nd book that I have read by this author and I liked it a lot more than the 1st.
One reason – the two protagonists. Not the archetypical Mills & Boon couple.

Isabel Peters, a Manhattan TV journalist, is such a likeable heroine. Even when she’s feeling that her life is in limbo and despite her insecurities, fears and flaws, she does not give up on her dreams and hopes. She’s not afraid to take chances and prepared to face her fears and overcome them.

Leandros Alexios Constantinou..billionaire, ex football star -love his name – is not the usual domineering, take charge alpha male…he’s an alpha with heart. He actually listens to the heroine for a change.

In London on the trail of the elusive Constantinou, needing to get an exclusive interview from him, which will get her promoted to her dream TV newscaster job.

Fate steps in!!! Stranded for hours in an elevator with the most gorgeous man she’s ever met, she takes a chance, grabs the moment….
 photo 459306b8246342633f3b243ec15e42d5_zps337559a6.jpg


All right." He laid his fork down with a deliberate movement and pushed his plate away. "Let's talk about what happened."

Gladly. She took another sip of her wine to fortify herself and set the glass down.

"That kiss shouldn't have happened."

She was ready for that one. "Why not?

"I'm much more experienced than you, Isabel. I'm not interested in relationships, in fact mine never last longer than a few months, and the women I date are well aware of that."

"So?"

He did a double take at the belligerent note in her voice. "You're also probably still in shock from what happened today."

"I'm absolutely fine," she countered. "In fact I feel like I have more clarity right now than I've ever had in my life."




But what happens, after they spend one night of passion and discover who each other is?

I loved the flow of the story and the development of the characters as they both fight their pasts and obstacles. Taking a chance, Believing in your feelings and that nothing is impossible.

The interaction and dialogue between Isabel (no, no Izzie for me…I hate that nickname!) are really great.

She shook her head. "I'm not looking for a relationship, Alex." A husky laugh escaped her. "In fact, that's the last thing I need right now."

His eyes narrowed. "Then what are you looking for?"

"I don't want to live with any more regrets."

He shook his head, a wry smile curving his lips. "You're twenty-five, Isabel. How many regrets can you have?"

She took a deep breath, meeting his gaze head-on. "I will regret it if I walk away from tonight without exploring the attraction that's between us."

A muscle jumped in his jaw. He sat there completely silent, staring at her. "I'm not sure you know what you're doing."

She shook her head. "I know exactly what I'm doing."

Awesome settings….my favs….Alexious view of London from his Canary Wharf penthouse  photo view-tower-bridge-shard-london-magnificent-river-thames-33201085_zps2949826f.jpg
and his Malibu home…that view…never mind that…that pool….
 photo illuminated-infinity-pool1_zps0977e0ad.jpg
Emotional, sizzling chemistry, intense, great plot….those are just some of the things that worked for me.
I am definitely going to be reading more from this author.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment