LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Review: Bones of the Lost (Temperance Brennan #16) by Kathy Reichs

Bones of  the Lost  (Temperance Brennan #16)Bones of the Lost by Kathy Reichs
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I have enjoyed this series but what is going on with the last few books??? Is the author getting bored with her characters? Or is someone else writing for her????
Bones of the Lost is the 16th book in the Temperance Brennan Series and the one I have liked the least.

I like Temperance but I just could not engage with her …..Is she a forensic anthropologist or a police detective???? Apart from doing some forensic work on mummified dogs…yes, I kid you not…she spends the entire time solving cases on her own because the cops are not doing it right……

She becomes involved in a hit and run death of an unidentified teenage girl, travels to Afghanistan to work on skeletons of two locals killed by a US soldier and meets up and goes shopping with her daughter, who has joined as a soldier in said Afghanistan……yes, there are shops in the US base!!!!!

And the whole thing with Ryan, her ex Canadian detective??? He’s going thru a dark and painful time and what does Tempe do??? Nothing…..she just carries on with her life…dealing with her totally idiotic ex-husband and bimbo to be new wife!!!!

There is such a lot of technical stuff that after a while….I just kept skipping pages so I could get to the end of this very boring story. Oh, and Tempe doing a “HIGH-FIVE”….what!!!!!

I hope the next book will be better and more like the first ones in the series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment