LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Monday 21 April 2014

Review: What A Sicilian Husband Wants by Michelle Smart

What A Sicilian Husband WantsWhat A Sicilian Husband Wants by Michelle Smart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wow…….just  photo giphy_zpsafe92255.gif
Before going any further, I want to thank my good GR friend Vashti……after reading your review on book #2, I decided to start all over again with this author’s books. If not for you, I would have missed out on a great and amazing read…..so, again…THANK YOU V!!

I am a Mills & Boon addict…yes, I am. Since I discovered these “gems” many many years ago, my love for the stories has not abated. Of course, I have my favorite authors and I am always searching for new writers that can excite me with their stories. I am thrilled discovering Michelle Smart (although I vaguely remember giving up on a book of hers a while ago!!)...but after reading What a Sicilian Husband Wants, she’s now a member of my M&B favorite authors group!!!

Grace & Luca were a happily married couple who began drifting apart. Grace believes that Luca has become a gangster since going into business with a partner who has dubious connections to the M……….afia!!!

Finding herself pregnant and afraid for her child’s safety, she escapes from Sicilian and has been on the run for over a year, just one step ahead of being found by Luca and his “goons”

He finally catches up to her at her hideout in Cornwall. Wow, this meeting certainly did not go as I expected!!
Hell, Grace is somewhat feisty and kickass…believe me!!!
 photo unnamed_zpsf5408257.jpg

She actually shoots Luca..no, she does not kill the gorgeous Sicilian…just nicks his shoulder…Wheww!!
And this all happens in the first two chapters!!!! Grace is not playing around…

I really liked Luca. I knew right from the start that he never stopped loving his wife and his heartbroken about what has happened between them. Even though he’s playing the high hand in forcing Grace back to Sicily, I still felt how much he cares for her and the baby.

I really did not like Grace in the beginning – in fact throughout most of the book. She was so hard and cold towards Luca. It took her a very long time to understand what he had gone through. At times, I felt like saying to Luca – give her up…she’s just not worth it. But she did redeem herself – finally.

This is a dark and emotional story and both Luca & Grace go through many traumatic and sad paths but in the end, love does conquer all….does it not????

Brilliantly written, emotional and uplifting.

Can’t wait for Pepe’s book…I hate that name….an Italian with the unfortunate name of Pepe!!!!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment