LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Review: Release Me by J. Kenner

Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)Release Me by J. Kenner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

 photo images1_zps7c616800.jpg
Yes, with DAMIEN STARK!!!! I know he’s yours Nikki….but  photo download1_zps9ecce404.jpg
I really liked this book. I know a lot of readers have commented on it being a lot like FSOG (which I have read and loved……https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...) and Bared to You (which I haven’t read but it’s on my TBR list).

I suppose there are a few similarities between this book and FSOG – the controlling and sexy billionaire who becomes obsessed with gorgeous and damaged woman, etc…but the one big difference is the writing. So much better written. The writing style just makes the story flow so well. Also there’s more to the story than rich man gets poor woman!!!!!!Then there are the characters, which I found much more real and endearing.

Let’s talk about Damien Stark. In the beginning, I had a few doubts about him. The way he manipulated and “stalked” Nikki was a bit off-putting. But then, I began to see that beneath all that was a man, filled with dark secrets and controlling issues, but still retaining a sense of caring. Under that façade is a man with a heart. He can destroy his enemies but he does help and give to those he cares about.

Nikki hides a lot behind the “face” she shows the world. She’s damaged in a lot of ways, both psychologically and physically. What I liked about her was the strength she displayed in dealing with her problems. She’s smart and sassy. Although I wanted to slap her back each time she slapped Damien’s face….what the hell girl!!!!!

It's true...I so loved and enjoyed reading about Damien’s world of ultimate luxury…fabulous homes all over the place, private jets, butlers, beautiful cars……..I could get used to that kind of life!!!!!!!!!!

There are some interesting secondary characters and I would love to know more about Jenna and Ollie….perhaps their story sometime soon!!!!
The sex scenes were very well-written with more sexy kinky bondage rather than heavy BDSM (which I am not a great fan of).

I loved the chemistry between Damien & Nikki. Their story is filled with passion and sensuality. But what I loved the most was that it was a love story about two people who fall in love and help each other with facing their demons and dealing with them together.
 photo 208359644_2089113_zps2229d498.gif
I can’t wait for more…….


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment