LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Sunday 30 March 2014

Review: Omens by Kelley Armstrong

Omens (Cainsville, #1)Omens by Kelley Armstrong
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After reading Kelley Armstrong’s Otherworld Series….ooh I was really sad when it ended, I was so looking forward to her next offering. And what a start to her new Cainsville Series with the 1st book, Omens.

Amazing………Incredible!!!! What a great beginning!!

Olivia Taylor-Jones, the only daughter of a prominent and affluent Chicago family seems to have seems to have everything anyone wants – she’s well-educated, rich, beautiful and engaged to a man with the right connections and who fits in beautifully in her life. The ultimate perfect life.

Her perfect world comes crashing down when she discovers, in a very shocking manner, that she’ was adopted as a toddler and that her birth parents are serial killers, serving life sentences.
It’s like she’s falling down the rabbit hole – all these weird things start happening to her….leading her to flee to Cainsville, a little sleepy and very strange town an hour away from her home in Chicago.

Strange things happen in Cainsville. Bizarre and strange characters, black cats, ravens and crows appear out of nowhere, gargoyles that pop out suddenly in houses and buildings……….and Olivia suddenly begins seeing and able to read these strange signs and omens surround her.

It’s like she’s meant to be in this little town, which has a strong connection to her birth parents.
She meets up Gabriel Walsh. Now, here’s an interesting character. I just couldn’t “read” him. There’s something about him that just puzzled me throughout the book. He’s connected in a lot of ways to Olivia and not just because he’s her birth mother’s fired lawyer.

All the characters that Olivia meets be it in Chicago or Cainsville seem to have a connection to her and her birth parents. And just when I thought there would be some kind of revelation about the characters, another twist suddenly appears.

There’s this atmosphere of evil and dark things working here………something supernatural...I was so lured into the story that I kept turning page after page wanting to know the answers to the questions that Olivia had.
Who is Gabriel Walsh? Where does his “psychic” aunt fit into the story? What are the town elders hiding?

I was unable to tear myself away from this story…..was that my heart beating faster as I turned the next page to discover something IMPORTANT?

When I reached the last page……….I was still in the dark!!!! What is going on? I want to know now!!!!!!

I was totally freaked out……..I so desperately wanted answers and now have to wait for the next book!!!!!!!

So many mysteries, secrets……..I can’t wait to find out!!!!

I am so happy that I was able to love a new series by this author, whose books I really like a lot.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment