LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Friday 18 October 2013

Review: The Couple who Fooled the World by Maisey Yates

The Couple Who Fooled The WorldThe Couple Who Fooled The World by Maisey Yates
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am a huge fan of Maisey Yates but I have to be honest and state that at first I couldn’t get into the story and after a chapter or two put it aside….and it wasn’t until I read some of the reviews that “perked “my interest in getting back to it. And am I happy I did. How could I have ever thought that I was not into it????

This book took me by surprise. This is not the old theme of the poor virgin heroine seduced by the billionaire who controls her life….you know those who buy the heroine a new wardrobe, tell her what to do and say and just be over the moon that he wants her body!!!!! No, here we have a dark and tormented billionaire hero The Couple who Fooled the World by Maisey Yates photo 57514362f36f5503a987a2897706785d_zps8b8d49e9.jpg
and a successful…let’s talk a heroine billionaire as well, who’s both sexy, sassy and beyond smart and dresses so totally in BLACK…..The Couple who Fooled the World by Maisey Yates photo girl-beautiful-sunglasses-lips-blonde-hair-black-dress_zps55e364b8.jpg
Both have baggage from their past. The hero has been deeply affected by what he experienced from the time he was a teenager and has since built up an empire and has made sure that he’s in total control of his life, something he never had when he worked as (view spoiler).
I felt for Ferro, though I was pretty shocked how he behaved the first time he and the heroine made love….his total disregard to her feelings, his coldness and somewhat cruelty really got to me…..at this point, I began to think…..hey I hate this guy…..what a total jerk…….but as his story unfolded…….something changed in me…….In some way I understood the strength and determination in him that made him want to be in control of his life and how sad it made me feel seeing the walls he erected around himself in what he believed he needed to do to survive and overcome his painful and dark past.
“He closed the distance between them and pulled her to him, his lips hovering over hers. “I will kiss you now,” he said. “And this is not about restraint. Or seduction. Or control. This is for me. This is not for you, or for anyone else. It’s not for any other reason than that you are a woman, and I am a man, and I want you like I have never wanted anyone or anything in my entire life.”

One can feel his pain and anguish and how much he suffers trying to be a person of worth. I wanted to tell him so many things…
The Couple who Fooled the World by Maisey Yates photo tumblr_mb31k5bKkg1qfdwsio1_250_zpsebe119e8.jpg

What I most loved about the heroine, Julia, was that despite the baggage she carries around from her childhood, has not broken her. Instead she’s become a strong and independent woman. She’s not a woman that will not sleep with a man unless she’s attracted and feels something for him.
She also understood how important it was to choose your lover. Part of her was relieved it was happening like this. Not in the heat of the moment, but with a pause for discussion. With a definitive answer from both sides. It made her feel powerful. Made her feel in control. She imagined Ferro felt the same, and shouldn’t it be that way? Shouldn’t both parties want it? .

And loved that she shows how assertive she is when she acts on her attraction for Ferro, the hero.
The Couple who Fooled the World by Maisey Yates photo female-pulling-tie-man-6830895_zpsaddb3b06.jpg

“Tell me first. Then I’ll decide.”
“I think my lover’s pleasure is important to me,” he said. “You are in luck there. I’ve no interest in taking without giving back.”
As had been done to him. She finished the sentence in her head.
“I will expect you to learn what I like. To learn to give it without asking. You will follow my instructions.”
“And if I don’t want to do something you ask of me?” she asked.
He stopped walking, his eyes meeting hers. “My lover’s pleasure is important to me,” he said. “Always remember that.” .

I felt her loneliness………..
Maybe they could help each other feel less alone. If only for a little bit.

And how she’s able to show her vulnerability and her feelings and how it affects Ferro.
He started to move and her fingers dug into his shoulders again. “No. Stay. Don’t leave me. Please.”
“Julia…”
“I need you.”
And because no one had ever needed him before, he stayed.

 photo 23294610761641897897_large_zpsc285da98.gif

Great character development. Conflict. Tension. Sexual chemistry. The dialogue. Done so well. I really felt connected to the characters.

The story flows very well and I loved how Julia crept slowly into Ferro’s heart and when he begins realize it, is unable to accept that she may be the person who will heal his heart and soul.
The Couple who Fooled the World by Maisey Yates photo tumblr_mqj1l0o6hb1sque89o1_500_zpsa7d96e4b.jpg

As she took him deep into her mouth, he lost the capability to think. To breathe. No woman had done this for him before. It was the ultimate in giving pleasure, while taking none. And she did it as though she could feel what he was feeling. As though she was just as lost in it all.
Did I mention that the sex scenes are hot and intense……???

And baring his soul………..it pulled my heartstrings…
He moved to her, put his hand on her cheek. “You are so much better than beautiful.”
“What does that mean?” she asked, her voice shaking.
“You are beautiful, but there is something in you. Something that shines from inside. That is what makes me want to lose control with you. Because I want to touch the light. I want to feel warm. You will make me feel warm.”

This was such a passionate and beautiful part in the book…..the words have stayed in my head since I read them.

Loved the epilogue…….what a splash!!!!!
The Couple who Fooled the World by Maisey Yates photo 4197757447_6156b5deb2_zpsc2710d5c.jpg

Unforgettable presentation Julia & Ferro!!!!!!

If you want a powerful and moving love story, this book will not disappoint you. You will go on a journey with two vulnerable and flawed characters as they discover that love has the power to heal.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment