LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Sunday 29 April 2012

REVIEW: Tears Of Jade by Leigh Riker

Tears of Jade  Tears of Jade by Leigh Riker has been on my all-time favorites shelf of my bookcase for almost 20 years and I no longer remember how many times I have read it…and each time….i love it more and more!!!!!!!! It’s as fresh today as it was then….a timeless book!!!!! 
This is such an incredible story filled with passion, lost and found love, blackmail, secrets and so much more.

Synopsis:
Nearly twenty years have passed since Jay Barron kissed Quinn Tyler one last time and disappeared out of her life. Twenty years of wondering what happened after his plane went down in the steamy jungle and he was classified "Missing in Action." Now married and with a fabulously successful career in advertising, Quinn can't stop believing the love of her life is still alive.

When a twist of fate brings her face to face with darkly handsome Welles Blackburn, a man who might even be Jay, she is consumed by her need for answers. Soon she is within reach of a truth that could put her life back together again--or tear it apart forever.

Quinn Tyler & Welles Blackburn are just such an incredible couple…..the chemistry between them is palpable from the first time they set eyes on each other. You can feel the connection and it is so clear that they are meant to be together.
The pain they share when they realize the obstacles facing them….the guilt…even though her marriage has broken down and his unhappiness with a wife he does not love and just staying together because of his love for his beautiful young daughter. I so wanted them to be with each other and was praying that they would overcome all the hurdles in front of them and find true happiness.

Quinn is such an amazing heroine…gorgeous, talented and a successful owner of her own ad agency. She has such a capacity for love, she’s warm and caring and so fallen in love with this amazing man…and I mean truly amazing. He’s such a tortured and sad hero and he feels so much for Quinn, who has brought light into his life. And what a fabulous lover…he certainly knows how to seduce a woman…just not any woman…just Quinn.

These are some of the scenes that I always remember:

This man means business, Quinn thought, but still she didn’t move. Welles leaned closer, then closer again, bending his head until their mouths met at just the right incline. The kiss was soft, smoky, sending a slow curl of heat through her body. Wanting to go limp in his arms, Quinn realized that in fact she wasn’t being held, that he had one arm braced now on the wall above her head, the other at his side. Yet she felt as if he were touching her everywhere.
“No good-byes” he whispered against the corner of her mouth. Then, in the next breath, he let her go.

“Welles, I don’t know who I am when I am with you.”
“Yes, you do.” He moved closer, his hand at the nape of her neck, and drew her to him. Quinn stared at his mouth until his head dropped the last inch to cover hers. “When you’re with me,” he said, “you know exactly who you are.”
She moaned, slipping her arms around him.
“And so do I,” he whispered.
After long moments, Quinn ended the kiss.
“I don’t know what you want from me.” She whispered.
“Everything.”

I loved Hannah, Welles’s teenage daughter. She’s a beautiful mixture of her father and her Vietnamese mother and is signed up by Quinn as the new face of the jeans ads that catapult her into the supermodel stratosphere. A lot of tension and anger between Welles and her mother, who is such a cold, beautiful and manipulative woman, who does everything to keep Welles for herself even though she knows he does not love her. A glimpse of the glamorous world of fashion when Hannah moves into Quinn’s apartment in New York during her photo shoots.

There’s quite a surprising twist at the end….a nice one too. And I can’t help myself…but the last words of this book are such so incredible that I have to share them ….
“I think I’ve waited for you all my life,” she told him.
So no surprise, Quinn and Welles do get their HEA….and I was so so happy for them.

I have been trying to get copies of this author’s books but most of them are out of print and when I checked her site there is not much info….but if you are lucky enough to find a copy of Tears of Jade….read it….and I know you will love it as much as I did

No comments:

Post a Comment