LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Saturday 28 April 2012

REVIEW: ONCE A FERRARA by SARAH MORGAN

Once A Ferrara Wife (Modern)

Sarah Morgan is one of my favorite Mills and Boon’s authors and I enjoy most of her books.
I loved the story of Once a Ferrara and would have given it a 5 star review except for one thing that really irritated me (more about this later on).

This is a very intense, compelling and emotional story about Cristiano and Laurel Ferrara and I was captivated from the moment I started page 1 and I was so engrossed in the story that before I realized I had finished the book in one reading.

You are totally drawn into the lives of Cristiano & Laurel Ferrara from page 1 until the Epilogue which is by the way, their second HEA (what a luck having a chance again after their disastrous first and very short HEA, two years previously).
This is such an intense, compelling and emotional story and the author and at times I could feel their pain and anguish. The author has an incredible way of writing dialogue and building up her characters – the interaction between the two is truly amazing. It’s as if you know them personally and you are actually feeling their emotions.

I am irrevocably in love with Cristiano. A beautiful, rich as sin, sexy, gorgeous, strong alpha male, with a hot hot body – an Italian ….no a Sicilian one….that is not afraid to show his heart and emotions….not often seen in these type of men….I was knocked out by the depth of his love for Laurel and how hard he tried to understand her even when he was being rejected …..in such a horrible manner by her.

And the reason I did not give the higher rating is because I found Laurel to be so horrible to Cristiano…okay in the end she discovers that he is not the man who she believed had let her down and that she still loved him. I was irritated by her constant moaning about being let down, how she could take care of herself, how she didn’t need anyone to do anything for her, what a horrible childhood she had – okay she did…but that doesn’t mean that one has to allow that to control your life.  Even when she is told by his sister and brother how much Cristiano loves her and how heartbroken he was when she left him, she still continues to give the poor guy a hard time. At times such childish behavior, feeling sorry for myself… and throughout all this drama, Cristiano continues to be caring, loving and understanding never giving up on her.

I adored Cristiano’s sister – who believes in love and fairytales and tries to get Laurel back together with Cristiano. Even his brother, Santo becomes involved – I wonder if there is going to be a book about him? I think he would make a great hero for some lucky heroine out there!!!!!

Settings are stunning – a resort and spa for the rich and famous, you feel the magical, enchanting and mythical atmosphere of Taormina with its winding streets and tiny passages….oh what a man….buying the woman he has always and will always love a medieval castle!!!!!

I was elated that the true love for each other overcame all the misunderstandings and obstacles and found happiness together…and with their growing family.

Second thoughts after writing this review…..i am giving 5 stars because I think it deserves it. It’s a fabulous fabulous book and I can guarantee that anyone who reads it will love it as much as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment