LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Saturday 28 April 2012

REVIEW: The Mediterranean's Wife by Contract by Kathryn Ross

The Mediterranean's Wife by ContractI am in two minds about this book. I liked it but at times not. This is one of the only books I have read by Kathryn Ross and whilst I did enjoy some parts of the story at some point I really got irritated by the heroine’s behavior. 

It’s not about marrying a man that you are absolutely crazy about but who you just know does not love you, but for the sake of the love you have for your godchild!!! Well, if she was prepared to do this, why spend the entire time acting like an idiot!!!
Carrie first met Andreas, a gorgeous Greek on a blind date set up by her best friend and it did not have such a happy ending….she left despite being offered the job of being his mistress…well so would I!!!! Rather go back to your career in London. But life is full of surprises!!!

Jo, her best friend since they were at foster homes, had married Andreas’s brother and they were both killed, leaving their six-month baby girl, Lily in his care. Carrie loved the little girl and tried to get custody in a very devious way…thank heavens he saw through her little ruse on time…..and the only option offered to her is to marry him so that they can become parents together.

Andreas hadn’t been a great guy to her but hey, people can change. And he does. He tries everything to make her happy. A lovely wedding in the local church and then the honeymoon…how could she resist it???? Here she is in this fabulous yacht that her very gorgeous and rich husband owns, romantic dinners laid out, awesome honeymoon cabin..and she just goes ahead and whines and moans…yes she does that when he eventually makes love to her…and discovers she’s a virgin….but still she persists in ignoring him and trying to get close to him. Okay, I know she feels insecure, unloved because of her childhood but how can she truly believe that Andreas could never fall in love with her????? What, she’s gorgeous, beautiful, and clever and loving...what more is there…how could he possibly not fall in love with her!!!!!! Such insecurity drove me bats a few times….how could she not get it, I wondered.

I did begin to like the story more as I continued and by the end I began warming up to Carrie ….and just by the way, Andreas is actually quite a cool Greek guy with a fabulous sense of humor…none of that stuffy Geek tycoon thing!!!!! And did I breathe a sigh of relief when they found their fabulous HEA.

Yes, let me be honest. I did enjoy their story!!

No comments:

Post a Comment